Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6523 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
idididid

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Home Theater Projection Screen model?

I'm looking for a ceiling-mounted electric or pull-down home theater projection screen model.

I haven't found anything suitable in the search interface here or on a generic sweethome3d google search.

If there's no suitable model, is it possible somehow to just do a rectangular box from the ceiling? How?

Thanks!
[Jun 12, 2017, 12:01:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bubblobill

Australia
Re: Home Theater Projection Screen model?

http://www.cadnav.com/3d-models/model-623.html
[Jun 13, 2017, 3:01:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
idididid

USA

I did find that one, but looks like it's two pieces as one object and apparently I'll need to install a converter first before I can import it.

If there's no suitable model, is it possible somehow to just do a rectangular box from the ceiling? How? I thought of putting a thin wall in, but it would be ceiling to floor, when I need it to be 1 foot from the ceiling to about 5 feet from the floor.
[Jun 13, 2017, 8:26:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bubblobill

Australia

Challenge accepted. What dimensions do you want for the screen?
[Jun 14, 2017, 10:26:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bubblobill

Australia

Try this on for size - 2580x1782mm

Projection Screen

If you don't like Clint you can change him in the model material "ScreenArea" in the Modify Furniture dialog.

Cheers,

J
[Jun 14, 2017, 2:47:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Useful. Thank you!
[Jun 15, 2017, 5:25:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
idididid

USA

THANK YOU, @Bubblobill!

That's perfect! Even better since it's resizeable - I can now finally decide what size screen my room will actually need after we finish the remodel. This will go a long way to convincing my wife.

For posterity, here's a good home theater calculator that allows you to calculate optimal screen sizes depending on room sizes, viewing distance, and specific projector model zoom levels.

https://www.projectorscreen.com/projector-screen-calculators

I hope this helps others who are designing their home theater/fun rooms.
[Jun 16, 2017, 12:55:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved