Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 1
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1280 times and has 0 replies Next Thread
shakylegs36

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Importing text & symbols

Hello, I am a newby here and maybe this item is explained elsewhere - but here goes.

I wanted to import some boilerplate text and a scale symbol into my floor plans, the way an architect would have it.

* I created a new file and typed all the text I needed on it and also drew the scale symbol. Then saved the file and named it: "BLOCKS"
* While making a new floor plan I opened the "BLOCKS" file right on top of the new floor plan. I selected the items I wanted. I right clicked the mouse and chose "Copy" Then minimized the "BLOCKS" file so that I could see the floor plan underneath it, clicked the cursor onto the floor plan, right clicked the mouse again and "Pasted" the contents onto the floor plan.
I now have the boilerplate text and scale symbol to use without having to recreate them for each subsequent floor plan.

I hope this is a help
[Jun 28, 2017, 11:54:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved