Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 98
Posts: 98   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 207066 times and has 97 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.5

Still no issues found. And no repeat of the 3D freeze. Happy. Great features.

.. features are added at the cost of speed/interface....
..my main concern too...
Yes, and thanks for that! There are some horror stories from large projects, where the developers had access to hardware much more powerful than the average user, and the result was a disaster. It is never a bad idea to test new releases on the slowest computer in the organisation. smile

..generating larger icons should slow down the program a little...
Tried a plan with lots and lots of items at 1024×1024 setting, and yes, RAM and DISK went to max and I was left staring at lots of clocks for a minute or so. But never mind, I am running a slow computer. It is great to have the option and I would only use this for 2D plan presentations anyway. (But maybe there should be a warning in the Preferences? Or somewhere?)

Images set in the planIcon# property of a piece don't have to be square, and will be always resized to the size of the piece in the plan.
Quite, it is my impression that a planIcon# png with the same proportions as the model, will render more nicely and with less blur (until the proportions are changed, that is). The nice thing with home-made planIcon# pngs is that the model-maker has control over how it renders.

..doors and windows that cut out both sides of walls is a more heavy operation...
Yes, and this surprised me. I really noticed absolutely nothing in terms of performance. So, job well done.

..shortcut for preferences under Windows and Linux...
Inkscape uses Ctrl-Shift-P for programme preferences and Ctrl-Shift-D for document properties. Both dialogues seem to be intended for frequent use and the logic appeals to me, but Ctrl-Shift-P is already used. So I dare not suggest, but + and , moves about depending on the nationality of the keyboard, which means I never learn them.

SVG icons would be nice for the set of symbols, and maybe some standard furniture with architectural symbols (bed, cooker, closet - the standard architect mark-up). I volunteer for making a library of simple models, if you come up with a way to do SVG planIcon#s smile (Well, after the boating season, that is.)

ok
[Jul 14, 2017, 9:29:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

bdfd, you just have to install Java and double-click on the the JNLP file.
Yes, I did that and nothing, just a black msdos windows which disappears... sad

java 1.8.0_51 and java3d 1.6.0 installed on my laptop.

And ???
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jul 15, 2017, 6:12:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

bdfd, sorry, it's the first time I'm reported this kind of problem with JNLP files. No idea of the origin, but don't worry, I'm pretty sure this won't happen with the finally released installer.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 15, 2017, 9:24:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@Puybaret

This might not be the right place to suggest this, but I'll take my chances:

Would you consider adding a shortcut for modifying the Virtual Visitor?
F.i. like this:

It would be a great help when the camera symbol is out of view and not selectable for double-clicking.

cec
[Jul 17, 2017, 10:46:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

@Puybaret
1. Your's work at new features are great and work fine.
2. I suggest few minor customization (no offense please)

In file com/eteks/sweethome3d/swing/package.properties at lines:
1053: HomePane.MAKE_LEVEL_VIEWABLE.Name=Make level viewable
1054: HomePane.MAKE_LEVEL_VIEWABLE.ShortDescription=Make selected level viewable

replace with:
v1
1053: HomePane.MAKE_LEVEL_VIEWABLE.Name=Make level visible
1054: HomePane.MAKE_LEVEL_VIEWABLE.ShortDescription=Make selected level visible

or bather v2
1053: HomePane.MAKE_LEVEL_VIEWABLE.Name=Show level
1054: HomePane.MAKE_LEVEL_VIEWABLE.ShortDescription=Show selected level
1060: HomePane.MAKE_LEVEL_UNVIEWABLE.Name=Make level unviewable
1061: HomePane.MAKE_LEVEL_UNVIEWABLE.ShortDescription=Make selected level unviewable

replace with:
v1
1060: HomePane.MAKE_LEVEL_UNVIEWABLE.Name=Make level invisible
1061: HomePane.MAKE_LEVEL_UNVIEWABLE.ShortDescription=Make selected level invisiable

or bather v2
1060: HomePane.MAKE_LEVEL_UNVIEWABLE.Name=Hide level
1061: HomePane.MAKE_LEVEL_UNVIEWABLE.ShortDescription=Hide selected level
1158: HomePane.DISPLAY_ALL_LEVELS.ShortDescription=Display all viewable levels in the 3D view

replace with:
1158: HomePane.DISPLAY_ALL_LEVELS.ShortDescription=Display all visible levels in the 3D view
1597: LevelPanel.viewableCheckBox.text=Viewable

replace with:
1597: LevelPanel.viewableCheckBox.text=Visible

I usually use the v2 for my taste.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Jul 20, 2017, 1:44:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

I've made a mistake.
The line 1061: .... level invisiable
must be 1061: ... level invisible
Sorry!!!
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
[Jul 20, 2017, 2:26:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

About the first improvement door and windows to don't be deformed it work as expected and is great.
I've made this furniture but I encounter this issue:
The casing are well positioned when the thickness of the wall are the same as the doorOrWindowWallThickness#1=12.

I suspect I do something wrong but I don't know what.
I modify also other doors and windows from contributors library and some work well but other don't.
It appear the doorOrWindowWallDistance#1=1 are computed from the middle of the wall not from the side of wall.
Is not necessarily a problem wile I use the arrow keys to correct the position but is a little difficult when are angled walls (different then 90dg).
[Jul 21, 2017, 11:16:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Hi,

Tonight, the version 5.5 Beta 2 brings the other following features:
- Ctrl + M shortcut to display the preferences panel under Windows and Linux (under macOS, the existing cmd + , is unchanged)

- Ctrl + Alt + M (cmd + alt + M under macOS) shortcut to modify the virtual visitor (Ceciliabr, cmd alt D is reserved to show/hide the dock under macOS)

- To prevent selectioning and showing the virtual visitor in the plan each time a move is made in the 3D view, you can now unselect the new Virtual visitor selected at change option in the preferences panel. But don't get lost! wink

- Angles can now be entered with decimals for more precision

- And after many years, I finally added the ability to rotate furniture (but not doors and windows, staircases and groups) around either their roll (Y) or pitch (X) horizontal axes. Rotation can be changed with the furniture modification dialog.

Once a piece of furniture has its roll or pitch angle set with a value different from 0, it's also possible to adjust this angle in the plan with its bottom left indicator that replaces the one used to modify the height. The height indicator was actually removed because the size indicator can resize only proportionally a piece of furniture that is horizontally rotated, or a group that contains such pieces.

The center of a rotated object in the plan doesn't move after a rotation and its altitude is adapted to ensure that its lowest vertex remains at the elevation set on the object. Angle values increase clockwise the same way as for the rotation angle around the vertical axis in past versions.

- I also added the horizontallyRotatable property to prevent some models to rotate around an horizontal axis if needed. I wonder on which 3D models of the free library I should set this property. Any idea?

- Finally, I fixed the location and icon in the plan for 3D models with a non paralleledipep shape (like a cone), when a rotation different from 90° was applied on it at importation time. This correction won't be applied on existing objects in an opened sh3d file to prevent breaking compatibility.

I sincerely hope you'll like the way I programmed the rotation around horizontal axes, and won't think it overcomplicates Sweet Home 3D.

Dorin, sorry, I don't think I'll change viewable / unviewable words in the user interface, because even if it's subtle, a viewable upper level can still be invisible in the 3D view when the 3D view > Display selected level menu item is selected. It's the reason I chose two different words.

About your other post, I don't see any issue about the open doors you tested. The front part of a door with a doorOrWindowWidthDepthDeformable property set to true is magnetized to the side of the wall where you drop it. In your example, the values of doorOrWindowWallThickness and doorOrWindowWallDistance properties are subtracted from the depth to know the depth of the front part where the open door is, i.e. 98 - 12 - 1 = 85 cm.
In case it wasn't clear enough, the doorOrWindowWidthDepthDeformable property set to false just states that the global width and depth of a 3D model can only change proportionally. Sweet Home 3D doesn't analyze subparts of a 3D model to guess which vertices could move or not. Hope you can live with it...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jul 26, 2017, 3:30:25 PM]
[Jul 24, 2017, 7:51:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi,
Tonight, the version 5.5 Beta 2 brings the other following features:
Don't work on my main PC too ! crying

When a exe release ?

biggrin
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jul 25, 2017, 6:41:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The final release won't appear before a few days or weeks, because it requires some translations.
But as the version 5.5 is supposed to fix the bug that prevents to show file dialogs in Windows 10 Creator update, here's a Windows installer for version 5.5 Beta 4 [link removed, see this message to test version 5.5 Beta 5] to let you and others check this bug was fixed (you shouldn't need the SweetHome3D.l4j.ini file to set swing.defaultlaf anymore).
I updated also the Java Web Start version to version 5.5 Beta 4 after fixing some bugs I discovered on the management of groups which contain objets rotated around an horizontal axis.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jul 28, 2017, 5:45:21 PM]
[Jul 25, 2017, 8:25:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 98   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved