Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 98
Posts: 98   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 207310 times and has 97 replies Next Thread
jdab

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.5

May I also suggest :
- Smoothen transitions between 2 camera moves
- and elliptical camera trajectory
Regards
[Aug 24, 2017, 6:25:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The version 5.5 beta 13 (Java Web Start, Windows installer, macOS installer and Linux 64 installer) comes with updated translations and a more complete management of content creators. It's now possible to enter the creator of imported furniture and texture images in the wizards, and the Creator column displays the creator of a 3D model + the creators of textures applied to the object.

The Java 3D version and architecture used by the Windows installer can be also modified with the following additional parameters:
/os.arch=x86 will force the installation of the 32 bit version of Sweet Home 3D under Windows 64 bit
/j3d.version=1.5.2 will force the installation of Java 3D 1.5.2
/j3d.version=1.6 will force the installation of Java 3D 1.6.
As Java 3D 1.6 seemed to cause some problems for some users under Windows 7 and older versions, I also modified the behavior of the installer in such a way that Java 3D 1.5.2 will be installed by default under Windows XP, Vista and 7.
To use these options, simply execute the installer in a cmd window followed by the options of your choice separated by spaces.
I should release Sweet Home 3D 5.5 in the coming days. Just wait for some feedback from users to be sure that the new options and Java 8u144 work correctly for them.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 30, 2017, 9:52:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Good, again no issues discovered so far. Congratulations.
.. It's now possible to enter the creator of imported furniture and texture images in the wizards...
Have a feeling this is a silly question, but exactly where in the import wizards can you add creator?

ok

PS, BTW, the console log shows, not sure whether the insecure properties mean anything:

Java Web Start 11.131.2.11 x86
Using JRE version 1.8.0_131-b11 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Users\ok
----------------------------------------------------
CacheEntry[http://www.sweethome3d.com/SweetHome3D.5.5.beta.jnlp]: updateAvailable=true,lastModified=Sun Jul 30 14:08:09 CEST 2017,length=3555
CacheEntry[http://www.sweethome3d.com/lib/SweetHome3D.5.5.beta.jar]: updateAvailable=true,lastModified=Fri Aug 04 16:52:09 CEST 2017,length=13181730
Insecure property: (com.eteks.sweethome3d.applicationId, SweetHome3D#JavaWebStart) specified in unsigned jnlp file will not be set.
Insecure property: (com.eteks.sweethome3d.deploymentInformation, Java Web Start) specified in unsigned jnlp file will not be set.

[Aug 31, 2017, 8:53:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

As images may talk better than words, here are screenshots of the new creator text fields in wizards:

I wouldn't bother about the report about the insecure properties in the Beta version. I know the Beta versions in Java Web Start are configured less securely than in releases.
[Aug 31, 2017, 10:14:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Thanks, yes, now I see it. I must have started 5.4 or beta 10 by mistake. Felt it was silly. Nice feature! ok
[Aug 31, 2017, 10:37:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

There seems to be some kind of a regression in beta 13.
Using Mint 18 (=Ubuntu) I double-click the java3d-1.5.2. option. I see the window where I choose Run or Run-In-Terminal, but nothing happens.

Checking beta 10, all is normal.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 31, 2017, 3:14:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Very strange, Hans. I don't remember programming a change that could cause a launch issue, and it works on my Ubuntu 14 system sad
[Aug 31, 2017, 4:05:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I restarted my computer and tried again. Same result unfortunately...
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 31, 2017, 4:10:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

No problems on Ubuntu 17.04

@Hans seems to be a Mint problem or a individual one.
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Aug 31, 2017, 10:35:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@Puybaret

smile smile smile + smile
[Sep 1, 2017, 3:07:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 98   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved