Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3788 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
GertHe

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
OBJ import problem

Hi, I (bought) and imported "Serve-over counters Sydney by Arneg 3D model" from cgtrader.com. I expected the delivery to be six different objects (six variations of the same service-counter). After importing the object to SH3D, it only appears as one object but including those six elements in one !?!? - so, unusable. Any ideas what has gone wrong here?

BR, Gert
[Jul 24, 2017, 10:45:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Re: OBJ import problem

Hi,

Absolutely nothing has gone wrong. biggrin

One obj object = One object with sh3d.

You must import it with an another soft to dispatch the 6 objects (one per one).
To realize this, I use for example 'anim8or'.

smile
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jul 24, 2017, 12:50:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GertHe

Re: OBJ import problem

Learning requires patience confused ... I managed to split the object by importing them to Rhinocero 5, then "select object -> Export Selected..."

Strange that PH3D refused to import the .DAE and .KMZ versions I had exported from Rhino ("format not supported"), but accepted .OBJ only. And that with not very much success either - as you can see in the pic (link)

compare what I originally thought I will have (to the left) to the mono-color result.

Guess Rhino export and PH3D import are not understanding each other.

...next need to try anim8or
[Jul 24, 2017, 2:46:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved