Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1251 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
shaunac93

Ireland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Help needed Improving Plan

Hi everyone, newbie here. After looking at alot of tutorials and videos i managed to design my own house but i'm really struggling with the first floor rooms and the roof. I've attached pictures and plans and what i have done so far. If anyone could fine tune it for me or explain to me how i can i would be ever so grateful.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7e1quvRmc2hRjloMmZ1UlRrVDA
[Aug 2, 2017, 3:24:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
santbose

India
Re: Help needed Improving Plan

I have downloaded the SH3D plan and also the other files. Let me study and then may be able to help you out
[Aug 16, 2017, 10:20:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Hi Shaunac93,
Well done, already! However, before starting to decorate the house, may I remark that your external walls (and all the loadbearing walls in general) need a thickness of, at least, 26 centimeters. Also be careful to align correctly them vertically. And check that the rooms are precisely adjust to the walls, especially in the corners.
I have also the feeling that the large living room of the Level 0 is too large (in general, I think you need a loadbearing wall every 7 meters).
On the level 0, the sort of bow window has no roof (even if it has a ceiling). You may add a "box" on the top of it or design a special roof.
What sort of advices do you need for the bedrooms?
The roof looks good, but did you notice all the roof textures in the texture librairies?
Looking forward to see the deco you imagine in this beautiful house!
[Aug 17, 2017, 10:39:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

You forgot to scale the plans correctly. Your house is anywhere between 35 and 50% too big. So, basically you should start all over again.

My suggestion is to draw the ground floor first, then copy all walls to first and second level and adjust (or delete) as needed. That way walls align perfectly.

See attached file.
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Aug 17, 2017, 1:10:03 PM]
[Aug 17, 2017, 1:08:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
shaunac93

Ireland

Hi guys thanks for all your help. I have started my plans again and this time i think i have them scaled correctly and matching up vertically but again i need help with my roof https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7e1quvRmc2hdEtnSUJ1a3V5elU
[Aug 23, 2017, 11:24:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved