Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4170 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Vcky

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
applause help me. How to bring my furniture model library back

hello. please help. i had to reinstall the software but i have lost all my furniture library that i built over such a long time with custom made models. i had saved my folder of the previous installation of SH3D but even switching the new installed folder with the old one, doesnt bring back my models in the software. Is there anyway i can bring my models back? Can anyone point to a certain file in the previous installations saved folder that can bring back my models. There has to be a way!! sad oh please oh please oh please
[Aug 6, 2017, 3:45:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: help me. How to bring my furniture model library back

Imported furniture and textures are not stored in Sweet Home 3D installation folder, but in a user folder which location depends on your system. For example, under Windows Vista to 10, they are stored in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D where user is your login.
Thus, if you want to get back your catalog data, you should rather copy the files found in this folder as explained in this thread. If you didn't save these files, I fear you'll have to import again all your 3D models. sad
One last thing: the imported furniture and textures used in .sh3d files are copied in these files, so don't worry for your designs, they won't be broken.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 6, 2017, 10:01:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved