Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7214 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Reelaan

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
update to v 5.5

I worked with previous version. Have files on the computer.
I followed the suggestion to upgrade to 5.5. But this does not work. Cannot open, get error messages (183)
On line I cannot open de existing files. What to do with all my work?
I have removed the program also and reinstalled. But this does not solve the issue. Please give me a clue how to proceed.
[Sep 12, 2017, 3:38:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: update to v 5.5

What system do you use?
Where and when do you get this 183 (unknown) error?
Did you try the new options proposed in the installer?
Did you try to reinstall a previous version?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 13, 2017, 7:35:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Reelaan

In the mean time problem solved. I used the link "Windows 10". That did not work. But I overlooked the option to use the link for users that have Java > 5. Now it works. And I can access the files I made.
However, upon starting the program asks approval to contact the sweet home webside. And that grants apparently access to all my files. That worries me a bit.
[Sep 13, 2017, 8:19:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I guess you succeeded to run the program with Java Web Start. Don't worry, it doesn't mean Sweet Home 3D is going to spy your computer, and actually the software doesn't need any Internet connection to work but I didn't find how to remove this stupid useless message at a moment Java behavior was changing at each version. Maybe I should try again...
[Sep 13, 2017, 11:04:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Myrchuck

Hello!
I have the similar problem after updating the program to 5.5.2 version - it doesn't work. But the following error occurs - 1114 Library failure.

Installation of previous 5.4. version works for me. But what should I do to work with the latest version?
[Sep 23, 2017, 10:03:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Look here, maybe you can find some help.
Unfortunately, Intel seems to play a bad game by refusing to update its graphics drivers... sad

If the version 5.4 worked for you, you could also patch the version 5.4 by replacing the SweetHome3D.jar file found in the lib folder of Sweet Home 3D installation folder with the same file coming from the installed version 5.5.2. If it works, About dialog box should display version 5.5.2. The only thing that you will miss is the Files > New from demo menu item.
[Sep 23, 2017, 5:55:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved