Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2515 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
guyT

REUNION FRANCE
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused AMAZON VERSION export to OBJ issue with furniture

Hello ,
I have just bought the amazon version of sweethome 3d which comes with a collection of 3d objects.
I'm not an advanced user; i have tried exporting one of the default scenes ( a four room apartment ) into OBJ so I can use it later in another programme. The problem is that all textures for all items of furniture were not exported. Only the walls and floors are properly rendered. Is it for copyright reasons or is it a bug ? Thank you !
[Sep 23, 2017, 4:07:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: AMAZON VERSION export to OBJ issue with furniture

Hum, if you look closer to the result of an Export to OBJ format, you will see that the folder where the OBJ file was created contains also a MTL file and the images of the textures. All these files must be kept together if you want to import your home in other 3D software.
If this is what you did, it's probably that 3D software which doesn't work so well. What software did you try?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 23, 2017, 5:59:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
guyT

REUNION FRANCE

Hello , thank you for answering ( and congratulations on this programme !)
i wanted to import the scene to COPPERCUBE ( ambiera.com) , a 3d authoring tool; it seems that it can't read the generated MTL file properly... The external texture files ( for walls and floors ) are read correctly. I put everything in the same folder before importing.

In Coppercube , the objects ( a bed for example ) are there , but all black.

I read that Coppercube has issues interpreting mtl files when there are spaces but removing all spaces from the .obj and the .mtl has resulted in a big black box....

I think I'll use sweet home 3d for designing the rooms , but i will include furniture after importing to coppercube. ( objects from ggogle 3d warehouse or something , I think they are free to use)
[Sep 23, 2017, 9:17:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
guyT

REUNION FRANCE

Hello ,
this is to let you know that I can now import furniture ( one at a time ) into coppercube. Is that legal with the furniture included in the amazon version? ( it would be for an educational programme) Thanks !
[Sep 24, 2017, 5:23:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved