Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 19
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 28368 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
MartinSK
Advanced Member

Slovakia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Plans for redecoration

Hi Xiste......superb renderings. I love that exterior. Veeeery nice...
[Oct 5, 2017, 12:52:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

Thank you Martinsk!
Your creations have been of great inspiration for me.

Xiste
[Oct 7, 2017, 2:02:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@Xiste
I missed your beautiful renderings and I like your mix stage.

The rendering time varies both with the settings and with the renderer. With the default renderer it takes between 5 - 10 minutes, but using the optional Simple Photo Renderer, it takes 15 -30 minutes. It might have something to do with the different way the bucket size is handled. The studio has a rendering farm with several Mac Pro 12-core computers connected with fiber-optical cables.
When I use the default renderer, the rendering window is entirely covered by small different colored buckets, but when using the optional renderer, the buckets are a lot bigger and fewer, and works slower. I found this out just by chance, and I have not done any real testing of this. I prefer using the default renderer for interiors, and use the optional renderer for exteriors , since the enhance sky brightness sampling generally gives better results.

The sunflow doc suggested that "A larger bucket size means more RAM usage and less time rendering".
So I chose a variable bucket size according to the width of the image.
(image width = 512 => bucket size = 32, image width = 1024 => bucket size = 64, etc.)

I did some tests again to compare the variable bucket size with the fixed bucket size and that confirms your observation.

With a fixed bucket size of 64, rendering is faster for the same settings.
----------------------------------------
EnkoNyito
[Jan 9, 2018, 4:17:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

Hi Enko,
Thanks for your comment.

I used to have some skills in computers and programming back in the eighties, but as the languages have evolved and my interest have been more closely focused on sound and music production, I have now lost all touch when it comes to coding. But buckets I can still understand, so that is how my interest for the rendering time differences was caught.

The sunflow doc suggested that "A larger bucket size means more RAM usage and less time rendering".

Is this Sunflow doc an available document?

I have noticed a very annoying issue with both the default renderer and your renderer: They both shut down immediately and without warning if you hit “escape”. Is that something that can be fixed?

Xi
[Jan 9, 2018, 9:54:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Hi Xiste,

Is this Sunflow doc an available document?
Yes, here is the Sunflow Wiki PDF .

I have noticed a very annoying issue with both the default renderer and your renderer: They both shut down immediately and without warning if you hit “escape”. Is that something that can be fixed?
I never had the idea to press the escape key but it actually allows to close any open windows (Preferences, Modify 3D view, etc.) in Sweet Home 3D.
This is surely due to the way they are managed.

Enko
EnkoNyito
[Jan 10, 2018, 3:08:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

I never had the idea to press the escape key

He he,

the thing is that when working with a multiple monitor setup, one might find oneself watching a video at youtube while waiting for the rendering to finish, and one might at times be tempted to watch a video in fullscreen modus. And to escape the fullscreen modus, one has to press ... Escape! And if the wrong screen is active, like f.i. the rendering screen; pressing escape will shut down the renderer.

Thanx a bunch for the link !

Xi
[Jan 10, 2018, 10:19:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

And if the wrong screen is active, like f.i. the rendering screen; pressing escape will shut down the renderer.

I think this beta version provides a solution to the problem of accidental closing.
EnkoNyito
[Jan 15, 2018, 9:11:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

@enkonyito

Great!
[Jan 18, 2018, 7:36:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

I promised to show the rest of my studio, but I'm sorry to say I have not kept that promise. There's an unfortunate reason for that.
An uncertainty about the continuance of my lease has made me delay the redecoration. No use in spending a lot of money and effort if I have to move out.
The owner is hoping an application for a deregulation of the premises will pass, but no decision has been made yet.
If the deregulation is not passed, I can keep my present location.

Shortly before Christmas I was offered an alternative location. Bigger, but with a reduced ceiling height ( only 4 meters, whereas I have 6 meters today).
It was offered as an alternative, in case I have to move out.
It's a two story location. The floor plan of the first floor looks like this.

The second floor is of equal size, but with a different layout.
There's obviously a lot of planning and construction work to be done.
Hopefully I will get to keep my present location. The decision will be made sometime in February.

Xiste
[Dec 26, 2019, 2:29:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved