Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8554 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Nzkiwibro

New Zealand
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
3d Viewing on iPad

On the blog page:
http://www.sweethome3d.com/blog/2017/09/06/sweet_home_3d_5_5.html
the section "Navigating in 3D on the web" describes the advancements in viewing sh3d files on html5 web browsers and it mentions the 3d viewing includes ios devices.
The sample 3d house views well on my ipad.
I have just bought a new ipad (ios 11), and thought that I would try and get my own house viewing on the ipad. So far this has been unsuccessful.
What I would like is to somehow display the 3d house plan on my iPad.
Is this possible?
Can it be done offline?
Is there a size limit? My house is 111 Mb or 42 Mb (saved and compressed).
If possible, can it be done locally? App?
My html is only very light and my javascript nil.
Any help from someone who has succeeded with this would be appreciated.
[Oct 9, 2017, 2:54:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: 3d Viewing on iPad

I didn't try under iOS 11 yet, but I would suspect a much too large .sh3d file. This is indeed the main limitation of the viewer on smartphones and tablets.
If you want to know the largest models in your .sh3d file, select the Furniture > View > Model size menu item in Sweet Home 3D.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 9, 2017, 5:50:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Nzkiwibro

New Zealand

Thanks for your reply.
The initial problem is how to go about hosting/viewing On my ipad - I just don't know if/how it could be done.

I have had no problems loading & displaying the largest of the demo-samples 3d models, but they are under 20 Mb. Do you know of any larger ones I could test? The ipad has the Apple A9 64-bit chip with M9 motion co-processor, with 2 Gb RAM and 128 GB flash storage.

I have SH3D ver 5.5.2 installed on my PC, but does not seem to have a "View" option under "Furniture". Could that be an addon?
Cheers
Stephen
[Oct 10, 2017, 7:46:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

It's difficult to set a size limit. It depends on the .sh3d file size of course but also on the complexity of the 3D models used in the home.
If you want to create a larger sh3d file quickly, just copy paste the home of a .sh3d file into another existing one. Using trees and plants should make it larger easily too.

does not seem to have a "View" option under "Furniture".
Sorry, I meant Furniture > Display column > Model size.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 10, 2017, 10:33:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Nzkiwibro

New Zealand

Okay. Got the model size.
Lack of hosting is my issue...
[Oct 11, 2017, 8:49:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved