Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 19
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11753 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
ojaillet

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Generating 360 degree stereoscopic images

Hello everybody,

I also want to do a spherical photo to export to Google Photo and view my picture with a VR cardboard. The problem is that the photo is not recognized as "360" degree.
We must add metadata with tools like Exif Pilot for example, but it's messy and the result is not convincing. Google Photo detects me although my photo is in 360 ° but the display gives me a curious result. it's like my photo 360 ° is in 180 ° front and blurred 180 ° behind ... not easy to explain.

Is there a simple tool to turn these photos into 360 ° format ?

Besides, I do not understand why this fonctionnality is missing in SW3D!! Why we can not export from Sweet Home 3D directly in 360 ° with these metadata !! It would still be so so so much easier!!
[Jan 15, 2019, 8:51:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
FDpaffie
Advanced Member

Nederland

Exif Fixer 3.1.4.0 - a tool for the 360 Facebook and Google communities

Exif Fixer
----------------------------------------
To Draw or not to Draw ...... Thats nolonger a question .. We draw
[Jan 15, 2019, 9:16:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
FDpaffie
Advanced Member

Nederland

or put it in Manuel , shown in picture , in mine first reply
[Jan 15, 2019, 9:21:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ojaillet

Thank you for your quick answer !
I'll try "Exif Fixer" (your picture is unreadable on my screen because the resolution is too low I think !)
[Jan 15, 2019, 11:00:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ojaillet

With "Exif Fixer" I have exactely the same problem than I had with "Exif pilot".

In fact the problem is that on Google Photo on my PC the picture is OK (360°) , but on both of my smartphone the same photo on Google Photo the picture is correct only on 180° in front, but the other 180° at the back is completely blur ! It's really strange !...
[Jan 15, 2019, 11:30:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
FDpaffie
Advanced Member

Nederland

I have prepared some downloads for you, so you can view them on your pc and your cardboard
all files are .rar file to persevere there data

Info on how to generate a 360 or Spherical image with SH3D

The file info to add to your mono spherical image in .JPG format

Here is a original photo taken with the Samsung-Gear-360-VR-CAMERA-SM-C200
This photo must show correct in cardboard if u look down u can see partly the tripod where the cam is mounted on
It is the house i am building
SAM_101_0141

Here is a picture generated as Spherical image with SH3D same room and same position , in the end when i am finisht with building it
would look like this
Woonkamer_keuken_8192x4096_Sphercal_360
You can copy the file info (details) or ( metadata ) in to your own creations

A Picture from mine Samsung-Gear-360-VR

Both the mono Spherical images are tested and working On SamsungGalayS7edge and working on sites as Facebook, The viewer

(constructor) ,Vtime ,VBR foto
[Jan 16, 2019, 6:07:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jonnie63

@qythyx

Hi, this is something that interests me a lot.

It sounds to me as if you are doing the right thing and distortion in the peripheral vision is likely to be fairly low, I am assuming here that the methodology amounts to a rotating slit aperture.

I have never used Google Cardboard but it seems from comments here that it is possible to load one spherical image to one eye and another to the other eye?

Did you get any further with your plans?

My reasoning at this stage is that I really want to be able to view my design in VR mode with visual and perspective accuracy.

Commerical systems that render in real time are expensive and require full kit on your head whereas the spherical image method is going to require a lot less memory, CPU/GPU and work fine with a decent smart phone.

It seems to me to be a good payoff - to be confined to location X or location Y giving up on the opportunity to walk through every point between X and Y but quite possibly having better image quality since the hard computation work is done once for a fixed point rather than only the fly rendering for an arbitrary point.

For a while I produced photograph virtual tours using KRPANO, I have not visited it for ages, I suspected things might have moved on and indeed they have....

https://krpano.com/krpanocloud/webvr/?v=119pr15

Interesting leads to WebVR

https://webvr.info/

This does make me thing that if you can have a virtual VR tour even if it is limited to discrete viewing points but can move between those points and still look all around at any point then you have 90% of what you could possibly want.

I only tried a VR system once ( this Xmas ) visiting relatives, I pretty much confined myself to discrete point viewing because I was in a small room and worried about tripping up anyway !!!
[Apr 21, 2019, 6:11:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jonnie63

Update: I downloaded the Google cardboard app on my wife's phone ( mine has no gyroscope, Google rejects it )
and visited the Indian temple which is on the left menu panel of the KRPANO virtual tour. Seemed to be reasonably
good for a sense of scale - my Goggles are kind of mid-range cheap - they have adjustment for lens separation distance
and also for distance of screen from eyes - messing around with these improved matters a little and I will look into the QR
code feature that informs your browser what corrections to apply for the particular lenses in your head gear.

Also useful for assessing how well a low end set up might show an interior....

https://vizor.io/nationalgallery/sainsbury-wing/

The tour above did not offer an option for low end goggles, I just ignored the choices and entered the tour - seemed to work although I was unable to press virtual buttons.

The Krpano tour in contrast activated a button if you looked at it for longer than a certain period which worked fine.

Some confusions on this thread already regards what we mean by VR - to clarify the KRPANO tours on the left menu panel (once
tour started) and the UK national gallery tour can all be viewed in stereoscopic (visual depth) mode. Some "mono" spherical "360" tours are offered for goggle viewers but the same view goes to both eyes so there is no depth perception.
[Apr 21, 2019, 10:31:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jonnie63

Update2:

Some interesting readings, still digesting it myself as I am new to some aspects and rusty on others...

http://www.realitypixels.com/turk/quicktimevr/fisheye.html

http://paulbourke.net/stereographics/stereopanoramic/ outlines vertical slice

And finally

http://paulbourke.net/stereographics/povcameras/ detailing L,R cameras implemented for POV
[Apr 22, 2019, 11:29:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved