Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2236 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
tatagil

mexico
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: SweetHome3D can not be used

Hello, i dunno wherelse to post my problem.

I cannot open my sh3d file, when it starts to read it it sends a simple "error" msg. just says it can{t be opened.

i actualized my java and my sh3d.exe versión already. tried to open it online. doest even give me an error msg.

i opened other .sh3d files without any problem.

my question is how, or if its even posible to open my file again? is there a way to fix it? to recover it? i already searched for FAQs and readed several fodums but havent found the answer yet.

please help!

peace
tata
[Oct 31, 2017, 6:27:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Hello,
Your file is probably damaged. Please send it to me so I can check if it can be repaired.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 1, 2017, 9:46:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
tatagil

mexico

thank you so much for your help. i hope it Works.
i sent it to you already

thanx again
[Nov 2, 2017, 8:04:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for sending your file.
Unfortunately, it contains only zeros and can't be recovered. It rarely happens and I never found how this can happen.
You may have still a chance to recover a part of your work, by following this tip: check in the subfolders of C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\work (where user is your login) if there are some files starting by open and ending with .sweethome3d. If such files exist, copy the most recent one, change its extension by .sh3d and try to open it with Sweet Home 3D.

Did you encounter some program crash or do you remember something weird that could have happened while using Sweet Home 3D or your computer?
[Nov 2, 2017, 8:43:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
tatagil

mexico

thanx a lot Emmanuel, ive found a versión of my file that contains an 90% of my work, so its a win!.

about your question, i remember that sometimes the java took 100% of my ram, and it became very slow while saving my file. but i didnt know the zipsaving option. and i used heavy textures. so, i dunno if there was a bug. i think it was because my file was quite big (+50mgs).

thanx a lot anyways. peace
[Nov 3, 2017, 11:41:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

It's great this tip helped you to retrieve a part of your work.
50 MB isn't so big, but of course it may also depend on the computer you use.
By the way, what system and Sweet Home 3D versions do you use?
[Nov 4, 2017, 2:05:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved