Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1211 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
juan3d

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
sad How to change "Measurement" line width?

Basically the tittle.
I have finished the 2D plan and export it as SVG but the line width are too thin.

The only solution i found was basically hand-edit the SVG file to change the line width.

Other issue, the exported text aren't text in the SVG file.
[Nov 15, 2017, 11:34:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: How to change "Measurement" line width?

Sorry, it's not possible to change line thickness and texts must be exported as drawings to ensure they don't depend on a particular font installed on the computer where the SVG was created.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 16, 2017, 8:10:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: How to change "Measurement" line width?

..not possible to change line thickness and texts must be exported as drawings to ensure they don't depend on a particular font...
All in all, the SVG export works beautifully and can be edited fairly with Inkscape (and other SVG editors), including line thickness. And it is true that fonts can be a problem - so I understand the choice of not exporting <text>.

That said, I would be nice for the SVG export to be as 'clean' as possible for easy editing. Such as generic <text> export, an option to remove the embedded raster images, and some streamlining of the transform="matrix()" used differently for various elements. If SH3D exported generic fonts, serif, sans-serif and monospace, they should behave reasonably well with different browsers/viewers.

For a true image of the 2D view, there is always the .png option (albeit only through Copy-Paste). Maybe Export to .png could be added the Plan and 2D view context menus?

ok

PS I am not saying the clean SVG export should to be a priority for SH3D. Just a nice-to-have-sometime. For anyone who wants to simplify the SH3D export: try opening in Inkscape, ungroup everything, remove .pngs, and Save As Optimized SVG. The result is usually a tiny and very editable SVG file. Solves pretty much everything (except the fonts, of course).
[Nov 23, 2017, 9:30:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved