Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 185
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 208767 times and has 184 replies Next Thread
MartinSK
Advanced Member

Slovakia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

Wish you a marry Christmas and thanx for your inspiring pictures.
Martin
[Dec 24, 2017, 4:09:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

Nice!

May I ask what's in the barrels?

Gledelig jul, Cecilia.

Xi
[Dec 26, 2017, 10:17:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@bdfd

But the procedure for relief looks long and complex.

I'm not sure I quite understand what you mean by the procedure for relief, but yes, the process is long and involves a lot of try-&-fail – especially when it comes to handcrafting the height-field map for the inner shell. I still have some modifying to do on both the outer and he inner shell, like making more holes for windows in order to increase the amount of daylight.

How do you apply all different textures ?

I use Photoshop both to create and re-size most of my textures.
Since SH3D can only scale the size of a texture, a texture applied to the side of f.i. a tall and thin object ( like a pillar), will result in a stretched and distorted texture. And that's where Photoshop comes in handy, since it enables me to tailor-make textures for objects with non-uniform sides ( like a pillar). But I really find Photoshop a bit to complicated for applying textures to my models, so I prefer using SH3D to apply textures, so most of the texturing is done with SH3D, and the rest in Verto Studio – an almost free program for OSX I use to generate terrains and occasional models.

Hope that answers your question.

Cec
[Dec 27, 2017, 3:10:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@ Xiste

May I ask what's in the barrels?

You may, but I refuse to answer, on the grounds that it might incriminate me wink

But I can give you a hint:

Cec
[Dec 27, 2017, 3:24:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

He he!
Nice one!

Xi
[Dec 27, 2017, 4:50:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

@bdfd
But the procedure for relief looks long and complex.

I'm not sure I quite understand what you mean by the procedure for relief, but yes, the process is long and involves a lot of try-&-fail – especially when it comes to handcrafting the height-field map for the inner shell. I still have some modifying to do on both the outer and he inner shell, like making more holes for windows in order to increase the amount of daylight.
How do you apply all different textures ?

I use Photoshop both to create and re-size most of my textures.
Since SH3D can only scale the size of a texture, a texture applied to the side of f.i. a tall and thin object ( like a pillar), will result in a stretched and distorted texture. And that's where Photoshop comes in handy, since it enables me to tailor-make textures for objects with non-uniform sides ( like a pillar). But I really find Photoshop a bit to complicated for applying textures to my models, so I prefer using SH3D to apply textures, so most of the texturing is done with SH3D, and the rest in Verto Studio – an almost free program for OSX I use to generate terrains and occasional models.
Hope that answers your question.
Cec
TY Cec.

oh my God, which courage and patience ! applause

Happy New Year.

smile
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Dec 27, 2017, 5:49:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Indeed, very inspiring. Thank you Cecilia!
[Dec 27, 2017, 11:19:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Here are some more detailed renders:

The kitchen and the entrance to the eastern bedroom.
This is an early rendering and the bedroom wall has been re-textured in the meantime.

A closer view of the unfinished kitchen.

The eastern bedroom

A glass of wine in front of the fireplace.
(I can see that there are some white spots here... six white spots. That's odd. I'm normally quite good at avoiding white spots.)

Rocky stairway to the mezzanine.

These renders are examples of images I can use as a basis for further processing. Persons, text (and maybe other elements) will be added, and the idea is that the final illustrations will appear a lot less realistic than these renderings.

Cec
[Dec 28, 2017, 12:34:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

I like megalithic stairs... applause
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Dec 28, 2017, 1:14:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain

A perfect mix of antique and modern things... What a change for the tale! I wonder whether in this case the One Ring would control the rest using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. tongue
If a long walk every day were healthy, mailmen would be immortal. tongue
[Dec 28, 2017, 9:56:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved