Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 185
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 208751 times and has 184 replies Next Thread
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

Of course! "Ice cream heaven" is essential (Even if I prefer a little "boulangerie", personally)
[Dec 27, 2018, 4:18:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Something i noticed with the ice cream shop, what light source are you using under the roof?
A grey panel light #3 facing downwards at 270 degrees. 8% intensity.

A doughnut stand is a great idea.
Thanks.

Cec
[Dec 28, 2018, 11:55:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

I prefer a little "boulangerie", personally
Me too, if I had to choose one over the other.

Here is the Pong museum:

It's not very big, but there are even smaller museums in Europa. It's at least ten times bigger than the Kafka museum in Praque smile

Cec
[Dec 28, 2018, 12:04:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Thank you smile
[Dec 28, 2018, 2:06:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

[Dec 29, 2018, 3:28:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Looking back at these wonderful images i noticed the Madonna poster, i saw her at Wembley Stadium on that tour. Stood for 3 hours with a slightly portly, short friend sat on my shoulders, the performance was worth it though.

Mike
[Dec 31, 2018, 9:24:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bettycc

Switzerland

Wow!
[Jan 2, 2019, 11:28:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

saw her at Wembley Stadium on that tour
In 1987 I was eight smile
I had planned to go to her concert in Oslo 1999, but I screwed up and never got there in time.
I'm still a big fan, although hearing her always reminds me of the saddest thing that has ever happened in my life.

Cec
[Jan 6, 2019, 3:59:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Remodelling the city
Events beyond Mr. Pong’s control.

A civilised city needs more than a Kyrgyz fried chicken stand

— A civilised city will need a bakery, a grocery store, a bank, a library… and of course; a doughnut stand.

Mr. Pong has no problem appreciating this.
In fact he welcomes it, for sure.
But sitting behind his desk in the old Pognor Factory administration building, he can not understand how all of this have so suddenly appeared outside his window.
This wasn’t here yesterday. Have my city been secretly transformed over night? he wonders, or is someone playing a trick on me?

And where is this pond coming from? Did it rain during the night?
, Mr Pong asks himself.

Being unable to answer these essential questions, he decides to conduct an on-site visual inspection.

This leads him to the Plaza Mañana — a place where he has never before set foot.
So, it's really real, he thinks...
... but maybe you don't need to be real to think really real thoughts, he adds a bit later.

Even later he renounces these last thoughts althogether, thinking that "really real" is a really, really stupid phrase.

Plaza Mañana.

What a strange name for a plaza, but on the other hand; it's even stranger that it actually exists.

A construction site. A new building being raised.
Mr. Pong asks himself:
And who, might I ask, have authorised this?

At this point, in lack of an answer, Mr. Pong has this moment when it occurs to him that there's a certain possibility he is no longer in control.
Someone might call this a turning point.
He smiles: Oh my God, I can't feel my legs...

Let's have some wine

Some people... some people think doughnuts come from America. Not true! Doughnuts came to America with people who weren’t Americans when they came to America.
Doughnuts should really be called New Doughnuts, like New York and New Amsterdam — and the Americans, even if they call themselves Americans, they are really
from North America, a fenced in area, like North Korea!

The evening has become chilly.
Mr Pong decides to go back to his office.

Later he thinks: I’m glad I never made it to North America. I would not have liked to be called Mr. New Pong.

Afterwards he thinks about what he would have been called had he landed in North Korea, and subsequently in France.

Mr Pong is sitting behind his desk at his old office.
He picks up a hard covered book written by Cilly LaVache, a book he was recommended to read by the nice woman behind the counter at the newly appeared City Library.
Mr. Pong prefers paperbacks, but he has decided to make an exception.

Before reading, he opens a bottle of his favourite wine, a vintage Tignanello 2010.
He is thinking that some people — some people don’t drink Tignanello, because it lacks the proper classification.
Mr Pong feels sorry for these people.
I feel sorry for them, he thinks.

Then he starts reading the chapter about the Plaza Mañana.

And the M/S München is staring at him from the wall.

The bottle is empty.

— Somebody has tampered with my city map, he says.

Cec
[Jan 6, 2019, 10:10:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Mr. Pong was right, someone was indeed tampering with his city map.

As Mr Pong was ( and is ) completely unaware of his own role in this story, he is also unaware of the fact that he does not exist at all outside this universe.
One can only speculate on the consequences of this, but one should not ignore the likelihood that this might lead to a development of religious sensations.
Questions might arise — questions like:
Who am I ?
Where do I come from?
Who is the master of the universe?

For now I have determined that he should seek his answers in The Church of the New Madonna, or "The New Mad ", as it's being referred to by the natives.

The provisional city was a randomly constructed failure from the beginning, so it has to be tuned in order to provide a functioning location for the story that
is meant to be unfolding here. And just like every city is an ever evolving patchwork, this tuning will likewise be an ongoing process, limited only by my own
imagination ( well... and of course by the strength and capacity of my computer).

These are some of my latest creations:

The new waterfront office building.

The bus stop at the Bank Plaza Park at the end of Ambler Lane Alley, the new shePhone billboard and the Amstel Bistro Bar.

A night view of the Ambler Lane Alley and the Amstel Bistro Bar.

Skyline seen from the bay.

A closer view of the now nearly furnished Waterfront Bar, and the quay for the ferry to Pong Island.

The Ambler Lane Alley — an attempt to create a rainy afternoon.

( The Ambler Lane Alley is a name inspired by the Norwegian name Nesoddtangen — a name consisting of three words that means the same: a piece of land sticking out into the water.)

cec
[Jan 23, 2019, 12:06:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved