Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 185
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 208788 times and has 184 replies Next Thread
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

A few more daytime shots

Some table details

View to the Plaza Fotuna

View from the kitchen

A shot of the kitchen

A shot from another angle

A closer look at some details

Some nights shots are coming shortly.

Cec
[Jun 9, 2019, 7:06:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Love the use of textures, especially the the brick with recessed mortar and the brick/tiles used in the "view from the kitchen". wonderful images smile
[Jun 9, 2019, 10:16:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

This is truly my favorite thread. It never fails to trigger new imagination in my head.
[Jun 10, 2019, 2:58:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@Mike53
Thank you!

Love the use of textures, especially the the brick with recessed mortar
Both walls are really 3D models. That's what makes the recessed mortar possible. All floors and ceilings are also modelled.
SH3D does not support bump mapping, and texturing even surfaces will hardly give any sense of depth and reflect any unevenness, so I prefer making models for things with uneven surfaces.

Funny you should mention this, since I've had in mind to write something about this and give out some example models on another thread.

@rontant

Thanks a lot! I'm very happy to hear that.

cec
[Jun 10, 2019, 6:04:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

[Jun 14, 2019, 7:35:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

[Jun 17, 2019, 10:45:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

The missing narrative could only mean two things:
1. Cecilibar is getting lazy
2. The plot thickens
[Jun 18, 2019, 3:30:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@rontant

Well, you know what they say: a picture can say more than...

anyway, I'm trying to compose a sort of smooth transition to the next chapter.

"Who are these people on the balcony, and why are they in the spotlight?"

This sentence, I shall have to point out, was not originally written like this.
First I wrote: "Who is the couple on the balcony..." and then I stopped, and I had what one can call a singular- plural discussion with my inner demon:
Is the word "couple" singular or plural? Can I write: "and why is it in the spotlight? " ?
Is it considered correct to write: Who are the couple on the balcony, and why are they in the spotlight?

According to Webster's dictionary, if they are not a "real" couple – like a family entity – but just a couple of people who are not engaged or married to each other, then they are plural. (!)
And "a couple" might even be more than two ( it might in fact be a whole bunch!), as a pair can be just one – like a pair of tweezers or a pair of trousers - a singular item, but still plural.

Well it's too late to continue this inner debate , or too early, depending on your point of reference.

BUT, to set things straight:
They really ARE a couple,
despite being referred to as "these people".

The main question, however, still remains:

Why are they ( is it) in the spotlight?

cec
[Jun 20, 2019, 11:11:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

A lot has happened here since my last comment, and I feel like saying something.
I would like to talk about the amazing sceneries you create, about your wonderfully handcrafted terrains, the multitude of sky textures you produce, the level of details that adds realism, and, not least, your expert control of lighting.
But I’m a little out of words and I don’t know where to start.
It might be that the extreme heat we have experienced here in Oslo these last days have had an impact on my brain, or it might just be that I’m in fear of repeating myself.

At the top of the gallery, in VeroniQ’s subjective list of best threads, we can read:
"Ceciliabr willingly shares her beautiful and poetic illustrative images, with advice and tips."
I would like to add narration to that description.

Generous is a word that springs to mind when I browse through this thread once again. Artistically, both in imagery and narration, you obviously make an effort to offer us something more than only your magical renderings, or snapshots, as you so humbly call them. There’s always a story behind ( or between ) your images, with references and links to elements that can be spotted in the details of your pictures.

Yes, I would definitely like to share a bottle of “Wicca Black Coma” with you at the ”Café Kokos”, have a pizza at “Gluck’s” and afterwards visit “The Church”, both to watch the cool interior and the amazing light you have created, and for a shot of “ Rogalandsfinta “ ( laughing ) , but I'll pass on the “Nightmare Chaser”.

Is that you on the phone, sitting on the windowsill behind the bar, where one can, judging by the beer glasses, get Amstel and Heineken, and even Cat’s PEE?
A rental truck is passing, with a strange but completely relevant name on it - for this story. And your bar menu is altogether entertaining.

Details, all the way, and a lot of these details are part of the narrative.
The old posters on the outside wall, the ancient radio on the shelf in the kitchen, the old pizza oven – illustrating an establishment with a history.
This is solid work!

anyway, I'm trying to compose a sort of smooth transition to the next chapter.

That means there will be more chapters.
I look forward to that!

Enjoy summer!

Xiste
[Jul 29, 2019, 4:41:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@Xiste

Thank you so very much for this lovely comment!
You must have studied both the details and the structure here very carefully, something I had not really expected anyone would.
I had planned on writing a fine comment back, but it’s time to realise ( “ta innover seg”, som det så kvalmende heter nå for tiden) that time allows for only so much, and that family life demands commitment.

So this is it, and thanks again!

That means there will be more chapters. 

Yes, but I’m not exactly sure when.
I have several projects I would like to publish – hopefully soon...

Enjoy your summer!

Cecilia
[Aug 3, 2019, 9:19:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved