Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 185
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 208866 times and has 184 replies Next Thread
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

Big Brother with no sox! I love it :-)
[Nov 6, 2019, 8:55:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

Is that their pet turtle roaming free on the floor?

A very wise man once said: "He who wears no socks has stinking shoes"
[Nov 8, 2019, 12:02:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

smile

Is that their pet turtle roaming free on the floor?

Absolutely!
Very observant!

C
[Nov 8, 2019, 7:50:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

CHAOS

Scientists have defined chaos:
Chaos is the property of a complex system whose behaviour is so unpredictable as to appear random, owing to great sensitivity to small changes in conditions.

My father has also defined chaos:
Chaos is what happens when five females are all talking at the same time, and everyone seems to hear (and understand) what everyone else is saying.

Personally, I believe chaos is the outcome of inserting the unexpected into the expected...

... or something like that

So at this point, I let The Creator insert an unexpected object at a place where it is not expected.
And when the morning comes, Mr. Pong’s life will get a trifle chaotic… the Creator assumes.

And so the morning comes,
and at nine o’clock, Mr. Pong is made visible outside the library, precisely as predicted.

His pace is meticulously adjusted: Not so fast that he might cause a risk of spilling or otherwise cause a hazard to the content of his take-away coffee cup,
but at the same time; not so slow that he risks a loss of temperature and aroma.
As Mr. Pong carefully places his take-away coffee cup on his usual table, he spots the old newspaper that the creator has left for him.

Most people don’t vaste their time pondering the probability that their fortune is a result of multiple synchronised events rather than a totally random incident.
For most people a stroke of good luck is plainly welcome.
But Mr. Pong does not belive in random.
Mr. Pong thinks everything has a cause, and that everything happens for a reason.
So when his eyes catches the headline on front page of the Inland News no. 413 dated March 25. 1999, he thinks it highly unlikely that this old newspaper
should have landed on his table just by chance.

Nevertheless, he sits down and reads – and completely forgets his coffee… as predicted.

At ten fortysix Mr.Pong leaves the library – ignoring his now lukewarm coffee, but taking the newspaper with him… as predicted.

Precisely at ten o’clock, his classic Jaguar Mark II 1969 arrives at the Pong City Police Station & Penitentiary.

Mr. Pong is looking for a place to park… as predicted.

[Nov 25, 2019, 12:20:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

1904, 4 May, Midland Hotel, Manchester:
"- Mr. Rolls let me introduce you Sir Royce"
So
When one of Your beautiful girls:
"-Mr.Pong I introduce You Mr.Ping"?

Maybe Your father has right:
Bettany Hughes's documentary, Divine Women: When God was a Girl
rose
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Nov 25, 2019, 8:03:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Dear Mr.

The Americans suffers from the illusion that a nickname is better than a real name.
Most Americans probably believe that passing out nicknames “pour Krethi et Plethi”, serves the purpose of making them more likeable as persons.
I doubt that…

If I want a nickname, I’ll make one for myself.
I don’t want it given to me by people who are to lazy to pronounce Cecilia.
A nickname given to you should reflect your uniqueness, and not be a lazy-ass abbreviation of your birth-given name.

So; in the civilised world, table tennis is called… well; table tennis!
In America, however, ( and in other equally “americanised areas” of the world ), they have nicknamed it ping-pong.

The most famous Mr. Ping is a character created by Universal.
Mr. Pong, within this narrative, is a (non-famous) character created by me.
When Mr. Ping and Mr. Pong meet, they just might ( as civilised people) play a game of table tennis.
And if they do, they have to focus on the essential – which is not the ball – because then you loose!

A narrow focus blurs the big picture…

Let me quicly reveal; very soon the time has come to introduce the next character of this story: Mr. Donald Johnson.
Mr. Donald Johnson does not have a nickname, but he likes to play table tennis ( ping-pong).

Cec (Cecilia Benedicte)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ceciliabr at Nov 29, 2019, 9:25:14 PM]
[Nov 29, 2019, 9:23:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

Nice image!
Have you considered adding motion blur to the ball?

they have nicknamed it ping-pong.
I always believed table tennis originated from China. Mostly because Asian players are extremely skilled, but also because of the name "ping pong". After reading your post I had to look it up on Wiki. Nothing Chinese about it.

Xiste
[Dec 5, 2019, 6:29:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

@Xiste
I've also read THIS ;I'ts interesting to read all.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Dec 5, 2019, 8:39:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
smile Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

@dorin

I also came across this article some time ago.
The last sentence of this article –
"During the Bejing closing ceremony Boris Johnson Mayor of London already did, saying “Ping Pong is coming home!”
– was the inspiration for the name of my character Donald Johnson, a man who likes ping-pong, and is a combination of Donald Trump and Boris Johnson.

www.pierreknows.com is a great site for collecting useless information. smile

@Xiste

Motion blur is in fact a good idea, especially for a passing car it would be great. I shall have to experiment...

Cec
[Dec 7, 2019, 7:56:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

@dorin

Thank you. Absolutely interesting.
I must say I prefer ping-pong to whiff-whaff. smile
[Dec 7, 2019, 2:12:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved