Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 185
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 208870 times and has 184 replies Next Thread
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

Thanks rontant!

I will, shortly...
[Jul 10, 2018, 8:41:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

End of the line:

[Jul 11, 2018, 9:32:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Magnificent! (but slightly stressful... what will happen here?)
[Jul 11, 2018, 10:41:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

Outstanding! Such a surreal environment, perfect for scifi movies! Great job!
[Jul 11, 2018, 10:58:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

.. what will happen here?

Well, it's the end of the line, so someone will get off the metro..

and Chaplin will be waiting to greet them...

and since there is nothing else of interest there, someone will most likely use the elevators to take them to the next level...

which is where we will end up in my next post

Cec
[Jul 12, 2018, 9:36:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Out of the elevators...

which leaves you with two choices:

You can go up the stairs to the chill-out area,
or you can go directly to The Chaplin Bar.

cec
[Jul 12, 2018, 11:45:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

Nice, cec.

I really enjoy your art works as well as the narrative. I watched "The 13th floor" long time ago twice. Love it! I am going to watch "Dark City" soon after reading what you wrote.

Now, if you have time, how about sharing some behind the scene stuffs of this project, like how long it took to render those photos. I imagine you are using computer with 18-core CPU to render... but my imagination sometime went wild.

Personally I enjoy more looking on rendering of homes, personal space, rather than public space, but that's just me.

A voice just came to me saying: "Why create just a house when you can create a universe?" laughing
[Jul 13, 2018, 2:19:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Ooops!
Sorry about the last picture. I somehow managed to make a mess on my ftp-server, substituting the original with an old test rendering. It has now been corrected.
[Jul 13, 2018, 9:32:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@ rontant

Thanks!

Personally I enjoy more looking on rendering of homes

Of course, and I like watching that too. But I'm not really into homes, even if my original reason for using this software was to redecorate an old house we bought five years ago. I never published anything at the forum at that time (2013 – 2014), I only used them for my diary.

Now, if you have time, how about sharing some behind the scene stuffs of this project, like how long it took to render those photos.

Maybe I should.
Anyway, I'm planning to post something about my work at the Sweet Home 3D BAR sometime soon – but not about this project. It will be something more general, about skies, light and texturing.

I imagine you are using computer with 18-core CPU to render...

No, I'm still using my old thrash can 12 core from 2014. A new Mac is on the wish-list, but I think I'll wait until the next quantum leap. I have tried my fathers new 18 core HP, but I find the difference between my 12 Mac core and his 18 core HP not worth 7.000 euros.

A voice just came to me saying: "Why create just a house when you can create a universe?"

Indeed! This is one of the five locations I have made for this project.

Cec
[Jul 13, 2018, 10:36:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

Outstanding Cec.

I am dumbstruck looking at the size of the town you created. Wouldn't it slowdown your trashcan to a crawl?
[Jul 14, 2018, 5:23:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved