Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 185
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 208763 times and has 184 replies Next Thread
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

Wouldn't it slowdown your trashcan to a crawl?
Not really, but there's always the possibility to make levels unviewable if they become hard to handle. Besides, since version 5.5, big terrains are only partly visible in the preview window anyway.
[Jul 14, 2018, 7:42:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

Ladies, gentlemen, others.
Has "others" become normal in Denmark now?
I know that Sweden has adopted the unspecified gender and incorporated it into their language, calling it "hen" (which btw is also the word for "where" ), but I didn't know Denmark had.
I'm probably too old to understand that there can be more than two genders, and I keep wondering how you would say:
I met him on the bus / I met her on the bus / I met "IT" on the bus? ( I met a hen on the bus)

Anyway, your narrative is very creative and your renderings are in a class of their own, as usual.

X
[Jul 16, 2018, 10:11:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Ladies, gentlemen, others. Has "others" become normal in Denmark now?

There's some discussion about this, but I really don't engage in the debate.
Anyway, Pong Island is not in Denmark.
In Denmark we tend to approach the toilet problem the easy way: Same toilet for all, regardless of gender.
On Pong Island they obviously handle it differently.
So don't shoot me. I'm just the reporter.

Cec (On wacation)
[Jul 20, 2018, 7:41:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

For a number of reasons, some of them quite understandable, there are people feeling uncomfortable with the idea of travelling in a sealed tube under the ground, the same way some people find it equally scary to travel in a sealed tube ten thousand feet above it.
To help visitors avoid engaging in these hazardous challenges, Pong Island offers a third choice:
Visitors can choose to travel safely in a hull floating on the salt water that naturally surrounds the island.
The guests preferring this form of transportation, are met with a convenient entrance, directly from the pier to the bar.

The wide and conveniently placed entrance also serves the purpose of letting a bit of daylight in, as well as providing yet another escape-way – a third way out for anyone in need of a hasty departure – if an emergency of some sort should occur.

Cec
[Aug 10, 2018, 11:56:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

Like those scenes in the post apocalyptic kind of movies... good job Cec.
[Aug 11, 2018, 2:41:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Cannot wait to see the Pong Island plot that goes with your intriguing illustrations smile ok
[Aug 11, 2018, 7:12:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

Very nice, Cec.
You have a very big and complicated project here it seems.
I'm a bit curious about how you make the chrome surfaces, and how you avoid getting all the white spots that usually appears on shiny surfaces.
It would be nice if you could say a few words about that.

In Denmark we tend to approach the toilet problem the easy way: Same toilet for all, regardless of gender.

I have seen that in Oslo as well. It's called adapting, I suppose smile

Xiste
[Aug 14, 2018, 10:16:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@ rontant
Like those scenes in the post apocalyptic kind of movies...good job Cec.

Thank you!
Any particular movies you are thinking about?

C
[Aug 14, 2018, 6:10:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
smile Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

Cannot wait to see the Pong Island plot that goes with your intriguing illustrations

Well, the complete story behind the illustrations I think is better to publish in another forum. smile

A bigger view of the island:

Here is Mr Pong himself:

Cec
[Aug 14, 2018, 6:27:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

'm a bit curious about how you make the chrome surfaces...
You have to edit the .obj file, and change the material description to mirrors.
There's an old thread that explains this somewhere on the forum, but it seems I'm not able to find it right now.

...avoid getting all the white spots that usually appears on shiny surfaces
Mostly by repositioning the light sources and setting the shininessShader to glossy.

Adapting is the key to survival wink

Cec
[Aug 14, 2018, 6:42:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved