Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 185
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 208803 times and has 184 replies Next Thread
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

Nice house Cec but I think the owner of the house put way too many garden lights.

Thank you!
I will have a serious conversation about this with the owner – if I can find him.
He is not in the kitchen:

Cec
[Sep 9, 2018, 2:49:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

I like the ambience, lighting, choice of furniture, colors and well polished red tiles but not sure about the permanent base for the plants. You might want to advise the owner to align the kitchen downlights properly... straight line...
[Sep 10, 2018, 1:27:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

not sure about the permanent base for the plants
Neither am I.
I'm trying to make this place as masculine as possible, and at the same time a bit bad-taste – parvenu-ish and blinging. I think the bar has turned out OK in that direction, but I'm still working on the rest.
I will post some more pictures later.

You might want to advise the owner to align the kitchen downlights properly... straight line...

The downlights are supposed to hang on a shiny curved rack, but the rack has obviously gone missing without me noticing it. It looks much better when the rack is displayed.

Is it just me, or is the forum drowning in syrup at the moment?
It feels like everything takes forever in here. Took me nearly two minutes to post a short comment earlier today.

Cec
[Sep 10, 2018, 10:39:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

As we go on...

... whether one enters the villa by the main entrance – comes up from the ground floor – or enters the first floor coming down the stairs from the second floor,
Mr. Pong's Office will always be their place of entry.
Some people will never get any further than here:
Mr. Pong's Office.

But for those who do, the entire first floor is totally at their disposal.

For some people the pool table will attract attention and establish itself as the ultimate goal...

...whilst for others – people suffering from different mental stimuli – the big sofa in front of the fireplace might appear to be a warmer and more inviting place...

... and then again there are others – there are people finding it a more socially accepted behaviour to descend into one of the cream-coloured leather Corbousiers by
the window. They will bring a dirty Singapore Sling from the Chaplin Bar, and lazily fix their intoxicated gaze upon the variety of seagoing vessels gliding by
– in the moonlighty night.

This is

Mr. Pong
a man not yet introduced.

Mr. Pong prefers to watch the passing vessels from the upstairs terrace.
As it happens, Mr. Pong is presently watching the Ms München – a massive carrier that was reported lost during
a winter storm in the North Atlantic nearly forty years ago.
How can that be?

On December 13. 1978, the Ms München were supposedly hit by a rogue wave , causing it to sink with all hands.
No survivors were fever found.
But contrary to all common belief, there was, however, one single survivor: A stowaway – an illegal Chinese immigrant to Germany – hiding in a container along with
620 cases of wine – too poor to afford a ticket, this was his last and most desperate attempt to get a free passage to America.
Fate ( or predetermination ) would have it that as the ship sank, both the stowaway and the wine container were caught by the Gulf Stream, and floated safely to shore
on the southern coast of Ireland – where a slightly tipsy gentleman found his way to the Moon Bang Poo Thai restaurant in Cork, claiming he had six hundred and nineteen
cases of excellent wine that he was willing to part with – provided the price was right.

Today the stowaway is known as Mr. Pong - the head of Pong Industries – and the wealthiest man of Nakatago - a small state floating in the backwaters of the Philippines.

On the balcony Mr. Pong is reflecting on the past – on how his fortune was made.
Is it an illusion, or is it the Ms München coming back to haunt him?

Who knows... ?

-
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ceciliabr at Sep 16, 2018, 12:38:06 AM]
[Sep 16, 2018, 12:37:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

I'm trying to make this place as masculine as possible, and at the same time a bit bad-taste – parvenu-ish and blinging.

For a house belonging to someone who you described as "parvenu-ish and blinging", I would expect seeing something like exposed fluorescent lights on the ceiling, leopard and/or zebra skins for the sofa and carpet, fountain with gold plated statues in the living room, polka dot bean bags, posters of Rambo,Jean Claude Van Damme, and maybe Chuck Norris on the wall, rifles and dead animal heads hanging on the wall, large aquarium full of exotic marine animals, cavalier mixed colors for walls, .... etc. But on the contrary, I see such nice lighting and elegant design. laughing
[Sep 16, 2018, 3:25:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Wonderful images yet again Cec, great story line too, hopefully more to come.
Mike
[Sep 17, 2018, 9:40:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@ rontant

I would expect seeing something like exposed fluorescent lights on the ceiling, leopard and/or zebra skins for the sofa and carpet, fountain with gold plated statues in the living room, polka dot bean bags, posters of Rambo,Jean Claude Van Damme, and maybe Chuck Norris on the wall, rifles and dead animal heads hanging on the wall, large aquarium full of exotic marine animals, cavalier mixed colors for walls

I said : A BIT bad-taste – parvenu-ish and blinging (and masculine).
So what would you have expected if I had left out " a bit" ?

I think having a pool table in the sitting room is illustrating "a bit", and that the bad-taste combination of expensive furniture can be labelled "parvenu-ish" – not to forget the size of the house.

Cec
[Sep 19, 2018, 9:38:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@Mike53
Thank you!

hopefully more to come.

Yes, the story goes on and will take us to new places...

Cec
[Sep 19, 2018, 9:45:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Yes, the story goes on...
Cannot wait to read the full story - should be a pretty captivating illustrated book. Love the illustrations already, just waiting for the text. smile ok
[Sep 19, 2018, 5:05:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Thirty one years earlier
on the evening of January 2nd, nineteen eighty seven, Mr. Pong was sitting at his desk listening to the radio.
Nine years had passed since he had bought an abandoned garage and started importing china from China.
The business had gone well. Another year had passed, and another million earned.
It was time to do the accounts, and that's what he would have been doing – had it not been for this tremendously pleasant voice on the radio.
He was forced to listen.

A man can tell a thousand lies...

Minutes later – instead of doing the accounts – Mr. Pong wrote a letter:

The following months Mr. Pong started to prepare for the great visit.

A billboard was erected

and the surroundings were nicely trimmed.

Things were looking up, and Mr. Pong was only waiting for a special letter to land in his mailbox... any day.

_________

Cec
[Sep 26, 2018, 2:01:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved