Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8032 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Online version of Sweet Home 3d doesn't work in Google Chrome and Mozilla

I try to use online version of Sweet home 3d in Google Chrome and Mozilla and get message "Java Plug-in is not supported by this browser. More info"

Java is installed, I happily use local Sweet home, and even if I install new version on page https://java.com/en/download/win8.jsp - nothing happens.

It work in Internet Explorer, but this browser too sluggish

What could be the problem?

Yours, Daniel
[Dec 20, 2017, 8:36:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Online version of Sweet Home 3d doesn't work in Google Chrome and Mozilla

Chrome is a problem, (thread 6891. Firefox did some java changes this year, but I see that my portable SeaMonkey recently updated, runs SH3D online version.

Why not use the download version instead?

ok
[Dec 20, 2017, 9:40:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

Thank you for answer!

I'm not an expert in kind of Java support, It just strange that Сhrome successfully shows sh3d-models using Java, but doesn't support Online editor.

As for me I use local version of Sweet Home, but I'm going to write an article about online 3d-planning, most people like do not install and project online
[Dec 20, 2017, 2:14:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Certainly no expert either. Guess the html viewer uses java-script (and html5 canvas) and Java and java-script are two different things. But I am sure someone can give a better explanation.
..most people like do not install and project online...
Valid point, but SH3D is not an intrusive install, and running a local copy has lots of advantages. In addition, there are other options such as jar and portable on the download page. Good luck with your article, if you can share, please do. ok
[Dec 20, 2017, 4:42:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jschlosser

A local install just stalls out after a few minutes even on a good gaming machine. It makes me crazy. I have used it for years and now am dead in the water.
[Jul 20, 2020, 9:31:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved