Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 17
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 18812 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
ecopy

Russia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
applause View your homes in VR mode

I don't know if it is the right place to ask.
Yesterday I tried to find some app for android to view exported .obj in VR-mode with google cardboard. The only one worked was obj2vr, but it is no longer supported and has a major bug of a flipped x-axis.
Nevertheless, even this buggy app gave me some worthy ideas and impressions. So if there will a simple way to view your project in VR, this could be praised very high by users like me.
I don't know if this should be an enchanced HTML5 plug-in or some app for mobile device, or even main program functionality. But anyway this would be really sweet =)
[Dec 25, 2017, 7:54:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: View your homes in VR mode

There's an export to html tool for SH3D. Then you can view your files even on a phone.
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Dec 25, 2017, 12:36:04 PM]
[Dec 25, 2017, 10:45:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ecopy

Russia

Yes I know that, but this is not intended for VR, right?
Or is there some way to make it work in "stereo" with Google Cardboard?
[Dec 25, 2017, 11:36:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
qythyx

Japan

I've been working on this myself and have an iOS app working with Google Cardboard. It's still a very manual process to import a house into my app and requires rebuilding the app. I'm hoping to simplify this and make it usable for others too when I find the time.
[Feb 25, 2018, 4:03:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sicogary

Spain

Hello everyone, I was wondering

Have you finally have found an easy way to view houses in VR or has this feature been abandoned?

Thanks
[Dec 20, 2018, 6:10:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

Also interesting in VR-demonstration our homes to clients.
Virtual tour in html is great tool, VR is a next step,
consonant with the 21st century :)
[Dec 24, 2019, 7:50:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

Hi!
Is there any news in VR and SweetHome friendship?
Does anybody get some worked programs and export methods?
[Mar 1, 2021, 1:13:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gionniweb

Italia

there is a way to convert sh3d to skp? skp can view by vr
[Mar 25, 2021, 12:42:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You can import OBJ files exported from Sweet Home 3D in SketchUp, but I don't think this option is available in the free version of SketchUp.
Anyway, there must be some viewers for OBJ format too, which would be more direct.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 25, 2021, 3:02:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sharkoz

Hello,

My solution so far is to export to .obj and to open the model in 'VR Model Viewer', available on Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/app/891420/VR_Model_Viewer/)

It's not perfect but it's cheap (one time payment of 2.4€) and allows you to really navigate the model in real time.
So far I haven't tried to mess with the lightning I don't know if it is possible, so it is clearly not a photorealistic solution, but it allows me to navigate my project in 3D with my VR headset (Oculus/Meta quest 2)

If there are any better options I'm interested, but so far anything else was available with a limited Trial (like SimLab) and a very expensive price for the full version, often with a yearly subscription...
I tried Arkio that works for free for .obj models under 15Mo, but I wuickly get models larger than that.
[Jan 30, 2022, 6:56:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved