Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2545 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
qythyx

Japan
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Recalculate floor

It would be great if there was a feature to recalculate the layout of a floor, taking into account doors and such. The issue I have is that I create a set of walls defining a room and add doors to the room. Then I fill in the floor area, which automatically calculates small indents for those doors. Then I sometimes change a door. After which I need to delete and recreate the floor, which is annoying. It would be great if there was an option to just recalculate the existing floor layout.

Thanks!
[Jan 6, 2018, 7:14:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France
Re: Recalculate floor

If you double-click in a room (surrounded by walls), it recalculates automatically the layout of the floor. See this User Guide chapter. Don't forget to delete the last floor layout before.
[Jan 6, 2018, 9:17:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

VéroniQ, if you double click in a space surrounded by walls, it creates a new room and doesn’t recalculate the existing room if any. But if you cut an existing room, create a new one at the same place with a double click, then select Edit > Paste style menu item, it will perform the update you look for.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 6, 2018, 9:53:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Qythyx, try the Recalculate room points item which was added to plan contextual menu in version 7.2.
You have to select a room and right click at a point where the room points should be recalculated to get this menu item. If the points don't need to be recalculated, the menu item won't appear.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 24, 2023, 3:15:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved