Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2098 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
tapia

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Strange rectangular shadow artifact in rendering

Hi! Firstly I wanted to thank the developers of this software! It is really great! :)

I am using it to model my small apartment and have been having a slightly annoying problem with the render.
I am trying to create a "paper lantern", which is one of those typical balls made of papers that you can hang so you can have a nice light.
So I defined a material, like this:

newmtl lamp
Ns 1.0
Ka 0.3 0.3 0.3
Kd 0.5 0.5 0.5
Ks 0.2 0.2 0.2
Tf 1 1 1
Ni 1.100000
d 0.8
illum 9
sharpness 10

map_Ka lamp_globe_white.png
map_Ks lamp_globe.png
map_Ns lamp_globe.png
map_Kd lamp_globe.png

I am no expert in wavefront, but after playing with the values for a while I think that I got the effect I was looking for:

The problem is that strange artefact (the rectangular shadow) that appears when I make the rendering. If, instead of the defined texture, I apply a color (from within sweethome3d), then I get this result:

There is no artefact anymore. That means that there must be some problem with the definition of my material. But what? Can anybody help me, please?
[Jan 15, 2018, 10:53:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Re: Strange rectangular shadow artifact in rendering

Hi,

Have you verify that you have not a very thin transparant object over the bed ?

wink
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jan 16, 2018, 9:15:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
tapia

I am sure that there is nothing in-between there. I have even taken all the furniture out and the problem is still there:

From another perspective, exactly the same can be observed:

The shadow region always fits exactly some number of the square regions that take care of the rendering (the regions that get computed by each core). So that is why i looks like some problem with the rendering process.
[Jan 16, 2018, 10:15:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Could you share your simplified project or send it to me?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 17, 2018, 5:28:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
tapia

Could you share your simplified project or send it to me?

Hi! I have just e-mailed it to you ;)

Thanks for the help.
[Jan 17, 2018, 9:00:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved