Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3773 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
robertvk

Australia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Windows 10 update problem?

Windows 10 updated yesterday, and now SweetHome doesn't render the thumbnails at all, or very very slowly:

Never seen this before...Any advice welcome!
Thanks, Robert
[Jan 21, 2018, 1:30:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Windows 10 update problem?

If your computer runs an old enough Intel processor with integrated graphics under 64 bit, you should try the parameters /j3d.version=1.5.2 /os.arch=x86 of the installer explained here.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 21, 2018, 1:55:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bkdroid13

Re: Windows 10 update problem?

Very true, it happened with me also today. I had to literally turn off my Windows updates which took me another one hour. But all thanks to Google.

Refer this guide: https://www.hows.tech/2019/04/disable-windows-10-update.html

If it is something with Java, you need to increase Java Heap Space.
[Jun 26, 2019, 9:54:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jonnie63

applause Re: Windows 10 update problem?

Hi,

I would like to suggest that it is completely useless in most cases trying to stop Windows10 updates, people who stopped them early enough seem to have managed but of course new updates means more counter measures to circumvent the hacks you have implemented which worked on an earlier enough "version" of windows10 but will not work now, its like trying to use out of date virus software when the computer viruses have evolved to outwit the old virus definitions.

I tried most hacks featured on a forum which was very active on this subject but as far as I know without exception all of the hacks eventually failed.

If you shut one door another will open a few months later - its like trying to beat the designer of an immersive maze or puzzle when they know where all the trap doors are and you don't.

I even tried a firewall approach blocking all known Microsoft severs but guess what - they just add more servers which meant I would be constantly updating my list of banned servers.

I ranted and raved like the rest for about one year and then I did actually find a solution - the only one I believe that actually works.

I moved over to LINUX and I have been loving it ever since, finally I have control over my machine again and I say what gets updated or not.

Since moving to Linux nothing has broken on my machine - the windows updates in contrast were constantly breaking drivers which rendered my top end CADCAM software useless until I spent a few hours restoring everything as it should be. I have found good quality alternatives (free) for almost everything I used to do previously.

My advice dont waste your energy fighting the system, life is just too short, its better to decide to live with it or migrate, I migrated but that will not be the best choice for everyone.

I wish I had moved to Linux earlier and saved myself a lot of stress and frustration.

I still have a windows partition on my machine for when I absolutely need to use software only available on Windows10 but I have disabled all Wifi accounts on the windows partition so that there is zero internet connection and I take care never to have the machine plugged in directly to ethernet when I am using windows10. Everything I do online I do on Linux. As far as I know my windows machine partition is now indeed frozen in time but at the cost of zero internet connectivity - I do most things including online activity on Linux.

SweetHome3D works just fine on Linux smile smile biggrin biggrin dancing
[Aug 1, 2019, 10:09:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved