Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2021 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Library information in Furniture Catalogue?

Information about model size in tooltip/mouseover in the Furniture catalogue is useful, it would have been nice also to see name of originating LIBRARY and whether it is an individually IMPORTED model, maybe even with DATE information;
  • When there is a need to change or optimise old models (thread 8252 and 8292 I have trouble finding out where the model comes from.
  • When rebuilding last year, I created a special library for that project with actual doors and windows and so on with links to product pages online. That was a consistent series and for that project I only used those products.
Judging from some forum posts, quite a few users have multiple libraries. Ideally, I would have liked to be able to check/uncheck which libraries to use at any given time. Yes there are workarounds, move certain libraries from the libraries folder and restart - or do some clever library editing using special categories, searchable tags/information or something - but still...

Just a thought.

ok
[Jan 22, 2018, 9:21:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Library information in Furniture Catalogue?

Thanks for the suggestion smile
Just a tip you don't seem to have noticed: individually imported models are written in italic.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 22, 2018, 5:37:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Library information in Furniture Catalogue?

.. you don't seem to have noticed: individually imported models are written in italic.
True. I had not noticed. But then, I do not think I have checked adding imported model to the catalogue... Too busy adding Furniture Library information smile But it is a nice touch, and probably solves part of the problem for most users. It is that sort of function I would like - only on a library level. Anyway, it was just a thought. Mostly me kicking myself for not using tag/information etc better so I can find a way in my own mess. ok
[Jan 22, 2018, 9:06:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved