Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5442 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
peterweaver

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to create wall & floor tiles with different grout thickness

Hi there,

Could you let me know, if is it possible to create a wall and a floor tiles with any decor etc?
Cheers
[Jan 22, 2018, 9:24:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: How to create wall & floor tiles with different grout thickness

Yes. It all depends on the texture file you use. For a simple tiled wall, you can use one .png/.gif/.jpg of (64×64 is usually a good size). Add the grout as a border on your image, just as thick as you like. In the examples you got before, you will see multiple tiles (just to create an illusion of the tiles not being exactly the same). But one tile is usually enough. ok
[Jan 22, 2018, 9:39:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
peterweaver

UK

Thanks for your reply.
For example-if I want to create a tile 300mmx300mm and a grout 3mm.How can I do it step by step?Also I would like to use my own texture?Is it any online/youtube video?
Thanks for your help
[Jan 22, 2018, 10:09:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Put a test tile in SF 346. You need a very simple file with border, scaled to 300×300. But to get it right, you need may to edit, create a larger tile pattern with some sort of graphics editor to get what you want. One approach, step by step, is the link to the manual I posted earlier: How to create personalized textures for Sweet Home 3D (PDF) by Ouais, translated by Hansmex. Not my preferred way, but it is a good start to get what you want. Check the other examples in SF 346 to see how it can work. ok

tile_test.sh3d
[Jan 22, 2018, 10:37:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
peterweaver

UK

Thanks a lot. I need to learn your instructions.
I see how it goes.

Regards
[Jan 22, 2018, 11:20:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
peterweaver

UK

Are there any other ideas to make a tiles?I have been trying to use your attachment and I can not.
[Jan 24, 2018, 11:31:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
smile Re: How to create wall & floor tiles with different grout thickness

Are there any other ideas to make a tiles?I have been trying to use your attachment and I can not.

Hi,

You can take a thin box with its texture to apply it on a wall.
The advantage is the choiced size.

There is an example HERE the credance over the sik (last picture on thread "Cubic houses - part 2").

Regards.
smile
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jan 27, 2018, 5:59:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
peterweaver

UK

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I have seen your cubic houses.
Where can I download those kitchen cabinets/drawer,furniture etc?
Cheers.
Regards
[Jan 30, 2018, 9:06:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi,

All furnitures are standard in sh3d.
see category named 'kitchen'.

smile
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jan 31, 2018, 11:59:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved