Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2100 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
santbose

India
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
copy a light model with light power and source from a SH3D

how do I copy a light model with its light source and power from a SH3D file to my furniture library.

I can copy it from one SH3D file to another SH3D file, but not able to import the same to my catalogue/furniture library. Can you please help me.

Thanks in advance
[Jan 23, 2018, 10:18:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: copy a light model with light power and source from a SH3D

Maybe I misunderstand, but I do not think what you ask is possible. There is a plugin to export (backup) libraries, but as you cannot individually import a model including light sources, I do not think that will work.

However, if you have a model with built-in light-source(s), originating from an installed library, in which case you can find it in that library. And with a bit of fiddling (such as deleting other items and merging the stripped library into the one you wish).

If you provide some more detail about exactly what and why you wish to transfer to a library (.sh3f), it may be easier to answer your question.

ok
[Jan 23, 2018, 4:11:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
santbose

India

Thanks Ok for the reply.

I have downloaded some example SH3D files from this forum and found some light models used in them which have their own light source and power and are also very useful for various purposes. So when ever I need to use them in my projects, I need to open the example (sample SH3D) file to copy the model to my drawings and project SH3D file to use them. So I was wondering if I could import them and make a .SH3F file which I could import in the application then it would have been easy and also save the time of opening the sample SH3D file every time.
[Jan 24, 2018, 11:15:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

.. downloaded some example SH3D files from this forum and found some light models ...
It is possible that the person who shared the file already has the properties in a Library / .sh3f file. If so, you can always ask them to share the .sh3f too. By the way, I do not think it is possible to set the lightsource power in the library properties as you can in the .sh3d file. ok
[Jan 24, 2018, 11:49:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You can set the power of a light by setting a smaller value for its lightSourceColor property.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 24, 2018, 7:30:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Yes. Sorry if I am adding to the confusion. But if I have understood correctly, it will not show up as a lower power level in the Modify Furniture dialogue(?). Whereas, in Home.xml, the Power level can be set as an attribute to the lightsource? I guess the end result is the same, though. ok
[Jan 24, 2018, 7:44:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved