Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1803 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
kongo09

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Texture is lost when importing a simple .dae COLLADA object from SketchUp

I created a very simple box shaped object in SketchUp and mapped a photo as texture to two sides. I colored the other sides. Then, I export the object using File->Export->3D Model as a .dae file. The option to include texture maps is checked.

When I now use the latest SH3D to import furniture, the object is loaded with the right dimensions, but without any texture.

Looking at the .dae file, I must admit that I don't see any reference to the texture in the XML content (without really understanding the file format).

What am I missing?
[Feb 3, 2018, 5:29:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Texture is lost when importing a simple .dae COLLADA object from SketchUp

Most likely reason: When Sketchup saves a textured .dae file, it creates a subdirectory with the same name as the .dae file with the textures. The .dae file has relative links to the textures, so if the directory is no longer available--e.g. if the .dae file was moved--SH3D will not find the textures when the .dae file is imported. A texture link in a .dae file looks something like this.

ok

<library_images>
<image id="ID5">
<init_from>xxx/xxximagexxx.png</init_from>

[Feb 4, 2018, 9:51:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved