Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2026 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
astrobutch

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Can't save my Photos?

Hi,

Just rendered down a single image in "create photo" and the save button becomes active, when I click, I don't get a save dialogue box? Where are my pictures going? if anywhere? I am a noob, so be gentle..

I am running a Mac with High Sierra 10.13.4, 2.8ghz i7 with 16gb RAM

Thanks in advance
Butch
[Feb 19, 2018, 10:27:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Can't save my Photos?

A few users seem to experience some problems with file dialogs under High Sierra sad
As I don't have any issue on my side, it's difficult for me to investigate. Some users reported that the issues disappears for a while after a reboot. A more reliable solution is to drag and drop the rendered image on Preview application, and save it in Preview.

What version of Sweet Home 3D do you run (installer version, Java Web Start version or Mac App Store version)? In case you know it, is your disk formatted in APFS or HFS+?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 19, 2018, 10:53:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
astrobutch

UK

Thanks for your quick response!

I am running a Mac App Store version. I did an install and have just about managed to create some photos at points of view but not still doesn't like the single image save dialogue!

I'll try the drag and drop method!
Thanks again
Butch
[Feb 19, 2018, 11:08:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for the details.

If you have the patience, please try also to save an image after a reboot.
[Feb 19, 2018, 11:40:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uomolinux

Canada
smile Re: Can't save my Photos?

I'm having the same issue with my MB Pro retina witch as 8 gigs of RAM

Try that :

Reduce your rendering resolution 2000 x 2000 is a lot for a video card witch has to cope with a Retina display, try 1200 x .... And adjust antiAliasing.max to 1 instead of 2 if it's a very high res rendering

Before saving, close all other programs and virtual desktop, they takes a of video memory.

If you open terminal, clean the memory with Sudo purge command in the terminal.

You could also reduce screen font size to bigger font under System preference and Monitor, when rendering is finished, go back to normal setting.

NVRAM Reset : Reboot and hold the Option + Command R + P to clean video memory, follows instructions here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ__4qXb0NQ

Practice all these tricks and see what is working best for U

Good Luck
[Feb 19, 2018, 7:51:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mike.lee

Canada

I have the same problem before but manage to solve it. I have MAC PC.
[Mar 12, 2018, 12:00:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

And how did you manage to solve this issue?
[Mar 12, 2018, 1:38:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved