Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 18
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8534 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
peterweaver

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Import Furniture

I have just figured it out.
Cheers
[Mar 6, 2018, 8:09:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
CIANFRES

TORINO

Hi, I've downloaded a model .obj but i can't import it in my sweet home 3d. I've a Mac, maybe is it a problem?
I've downloaded it from a web site and in every folder there is the object and other files.
How can I import correctly the object?
Thank you
Francesca from Italy
[Apr 2, 2018, 8:35:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If you use the Mac App Store version, you should import 3D models in zip archives.
For more information, please read the FAQ How can I import 3D models in OBJ, DAE or 3DS format with the Mac App Store version of Sweet Home 3D?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 2, 2018, 11:23:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Steveworld7

Colours are exported in the separated MTL file. When you import an OBJ file, you should generally keep the MTL file in the same folder (or the same ZIP file).

Hi! I have a ZIP file with a list of files inside as: 3ds, dae, obj, mtl and texture folders)
Importing this ZIP, the pouf inside remains white. Any suggest?
Thanks
[Dec 21, 2021, 2:11:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

DAE and 3DS files contain colors, at the opposite of OBJ files which colors are described in their accompanying MTL file (and sometime not well described). I would extract the DAE file ans try to import it.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 21, 2021, 5:29:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Steveworld7

I tried to import the .dae file only (after zipping it) but the pouf remains white ...
Inside this zip file there are 3 folders called: LODs, render, textures ... should I have to import these folders somehow?
[Dec 27, 2021, 12:31:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jo_Alfemo

Hi

If I want to make a texture what is the ideal size?

Tks
[Dec 27, 2021, 5:18:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dape

Croatia

Hi Peter, do not know if this can help, but if you are looking for more free 3D furniture models (and many more download formats), try here with 3DfindIT.com (have to register and then you can download for free whatever you need). Hope it helps, take care!

https://www.3dfindit.com/textsearch?lang=en_US&q=furniture
[Mar 18, 2022, 11:05:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved