Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3435 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Clovis

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Problems using 5.7 and win10.

Hi there.

After a long time without making any thing o SWH3D, i instaled the latest version and Im getting an error just after opening the program

the error message is:

O sweett home 3d ira finalizar davido a um erro fatal no sistema de reenderização 3d.

Translating:

SH3D will close due to a fatal error no 3d renderizations system.

I tried to instal using the 32 version, but had the same error

Tks

Clovis
[Mar 7, 2018, 1:35:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Clovis

Re: Problems using 5.7 and win10.

I had tried these options:

/os.arch=x86 will force the installation of the 32 bit version of Sweet Home 3D under Windows 64 bit
/j3d.version=1.5.2 will force the installation of Java 3D 1.5.2 (default Java 3D version until Windows 7)
/j3d.version=1.6 will force the installation of Java 3D 1.6 (default Java 3D version from Windows 8)

no one resolved the problem
[Mar 7, 2018, 5:07:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

But did you try /os.arch=x86 and /j3d.version=1.5.2 options together?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 7, 2018, 6:51:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lawrie

I too have 5.7 and the latest version of Java 162, Win 10, GeForce GTX950/PCIe SSE2 which has OpenGL version 4.4 (has 4.5 with 10/11 core features supported - not supported: Shading Language version 4.50, also has 4.6 with the same supported core features with the exception of Shading Language version 4.60).
Have been able to launch and then "fatal error" and after ensuring that I have all the updates Sweet Home 3D will not now launch.
Does anyone have the same problem?
Can anyone help please - I can't access a huge amount of work done and this when I have a Designer submitting my plans to local authority for approval.
So frustrating - Puybaret? I have seen so many similar takes on this issue but no solutions that I've found.
I'm not an IT whiz but can work around things with clear instructions.
Are you able to help please?
Or is this a works under progress?
Best regards
Lawrie Mitchell
[Mar 23, 2018, 1:35:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

There seems to have problems under Windows 10 64 bit with the support of old graphics cards designed by Intel and other companies. As you say, it's still a work in progress and I'm not sure it's possible to find a good solution that won't require any configuration at Sweet Home 3D installation time.
/os.arch=x86 and /j3d.version=1.5.2 installation options seem to resolve the problem for most users. Sometimes replacing the Java 8u162 version bundled with Sweet Home 3D 5.7 by the Java 8u51 found in Sweet Home 3D 5.4 solve issues too, but I don't think that keeping an old version of Java for all users is a good idea.

I have seen so many similar takes on this issue but no solutions that I've found.
Sweet Home 3D is downloaded 10000 times per day, so even a small percentage of fails can bring some reports. Please, don't blame me because the more you look at the problem, the more it looks like an issue in old graphics card drivers that editors don't want to fix.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 23, 2018, 10:31:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lawrie

Thank you Emmanuel.
Would you imagine that another gpu would do the trick?
The GTX950 I bought new 12 months ago and nVidia claimed it had OpenGL 4.5 available on it but from programme "OpenGL Extension Viewer 5.0" only 10 of the 11 core features is available on my card.
Would you be kind enough to suggest a suitable GPU that might do the trick (without prejudice of course) i.e. If you were setting up a new computer for yourself what GPU would you choose?
Would you go Quadro, GTX or something else?
[Mar 24, 2018, 5:00:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi Lawrie,

My PC has a GTX770 with :
DirectX 12,
OpenGL 4.6,
older than your
and sh3d 5.7 Under Win10 64bits works very fine without nothing else.

smile
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Mar 24, 2018, 7:00:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lawrie

Thank you BDFD. It's got me stumped. I'm going to try on another Win 10 computer and will download SweetHome3D onto that and see what happens - it's only a HP tablet with Intel HD 5300 graphics card so will be interested to see what happens - don't know what the DirectX or OpenGL numbers are will see if there are any updates before attempting it.
Fingers crossed.
Will let you know.
Many thanks
Lawrie
[Mar 25, 2018, 7:59:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lawrie

Hi All
Dragged out old HP Notebook, updated Intel HD 5300 driver and latest WIndows 10 updates, checked for DirectX = 12, OpenGL only 4.4 and it's the latest that the card will accept.
Downloaded SW3D and it OPENED!
Well that has me wondering what's going on with my bigger, newer, highly spec'd (relatively) PC?
Have uninstalled SW3D on it and re-installed, have DirectX=12 on it and only a full OpenGL 4.4 with bits and pieces of 4.5 and 4.6 on the GTX 950 GPU
Any thoughts would be appreciated because the bigger PC has a 4K monitor and would be much easier to use.
All the best
Lawrie
[Mar 26, 2018, 7:43:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lawrie

Hello Emmanuel
Tried something different - logged out of Administrator and logged on as Lawrie and guess what - SweetHome3D has booted up and looks like it will work - so not the OpenGL or the GTX950 - I'm suspecting something to do with security and permissions - will look further into this tomorrow - what's another few hours!!??
[Mar 26, 2018, 1:26:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved