Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4657 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
MarkWall

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Printing Floor

I need to print out the floor plan with scale in the background (if possible) for my HVAC guy and also the city inspector. I would like to print it on a larger scale to a wide format printer. Is there a way to export the created plan as a jpg, PDF or other file that can be used in Photoshop for printing? I need to have a scale for measurement in the printout. Thanks!
[Mar 25, 2018, 4:36:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Printing Floor

- You can print to PDF (check Page Options for scale alternatives).
- When in 2d plan, you can select/copy - and then a bitmap in the clipboard will paste to a graphics editor.
- You can take a screenshot (grid included).

You could also make your own scale using the dimension tool. Good luck with the city inspector smile

ok
[Mar 25, 2018, 7:48:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Ooops, somehow managed to delete last line with my preferred way:

- export 2D plan to .SVG (which can be edited and adjusted).

ok
[Mar 26, 2018, 10:08:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MarkWall

United States

Thanks ok. I did print a screenshot before but was hoping for a larger file size to print from.
[Mar 26, 2018, 11:23:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

As .svg is a vector format, you can scale it to whatever you like without loss of quality. Not sure how well Photoshop can deal with .svg, but Inkscape will let you export high resolution .png files. Or you can print the .svg using a browser and large paper size. Using print to PDF should also - I think - allow pretty much any resolution you would like. ok
[Mar 27, 2018, 9:48:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

SH3D produces rather large PDF files with LOTS of detail. I use them to print on A3 paper without any (visible) loss of detail.

For ease of use PDF is my preferred format.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Mar 27, 2018, 10:04:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved