Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2230 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
jasiekw

Poland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
"Can't open home..." error

Hello everyone :)

I have a problem with a home I'm working on - got this "Can't open home" error today, when I tried to do some changes to the project. Very strange, considering the fact that it opened with no problems 3 days ago and I hardly did any modifications (just changed the color of some walls, did not add any new models). The only thing I changed in my operating system lately (2 days ago) was installing some new audio software - maybe there's some conflict between SH3D and those applications (however I don't know if any of them uses Java). I checked temporary files under ~/Library/Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D/work but did not succeed to find any backups. Does anyone here has some way to fix it? I would appreciate any help, if someone has any idea, please let me know :)
[Mar 25, 2018, 9:44:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: "Can't open home..." error

Please send me your file. I’ll have a look.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 25, 2018, 10:14:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jasiekw

Poland

Hey! Thanks for quick reply! When I grabbed the file to send it to you I noticed, that it has zero bytes... But I recalled that I plugged a backup disk a few days earlier, and the file was backed up, so luckily I lost just some of the recent details :) Thank you!
[Mar 25, 2018, 11:02:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HARRYELLIOT

USA

I also face the same problem...
[Apr 8, 2018, 3:09:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Same problem, same suggestion: send me your file, so I can check what’s going on. But if ever you’re able to verify the content of the file and discover it’s full of zeros, don’t hope to be able to recover anything from it.
[Apr 8, 2018, 3:25:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Thorgalak

Poland

HI,

Can You help me also , i have exactly the same problem , here su the file :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YbbimuHolGd1x61GYeg0Pvhmp7p7cEzQ
[Aug 23, 2019, 11:39:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thorgalak, even if it's large, your file contains only zeros i.e. no actual data.

This tip may help you to recover recently opened files:
Look in the sub folders of C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\work (where user is a login name) if you can find some files starting by "open" and suffixed by ".sweethome3d". If there's any, it will contain a copy of the document you recently opened. Copy the most recent file(s), change its extension to .sh3d and try to open it with Sweet Home 3D.

What version of Sweet Home 3D do you use?
[Aug 23, 2019, 6:00:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved