Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2549 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
moodrelooking

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
HOW ORGANIZE 3D MODEL LIBRARY

Hi !!!

I have imported several 3d models and now i need to reorganize well the library in order to find them quickly! How can do that? Is there any specific folder or any option from the menu which can allow to do that?
(I am using mac..)

Thanks in advance for your help!
[Mar 26, 2018, 12:37:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: HOW ORGANIZE 3D MODEL LIBRARY

The name of the models you imported in the furniture catalog is written in italic. Double click on on each model to show its importation wizard again, and type the category of your choice at the third step of the wizard.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 26, 2018, 6:56:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GVpeter

United States

Hi I'm a newbie (and loving the program). I have imported some libraries that definitely contain useful furniture. However, this leaves me with a vast array of furniture in each folder, most of which I will likely never use, and that make finding the entry I do want much more difficult. I was looking for a way to focus each category down to the "most used" items -- perhaps by creating one or more "rarely used" categories and moving most of the items there and leaving selection from the remainder quick and easy.
I don't see a mechanism to do this. Is there something I'm missing, or is there an alternative approach to "slim down" the furniture listings?
Thanks in advance
peter
[Jul 10, 2018, 4:20:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

What I find annoying is that models not listed in italics are both un-editable and un-deletable, as are their categories.
I don't see why.

cec
[Jul 10, 2018, 8:22:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

GVPeter, in the past, I had the idea to add a Favorites category to which users could add their preferred models. Maybe I'll add that feature in the coming version.

Cecilia, it's because they are not stored in places that can be modified. Allowing the modification of furniture libraries and moreover default catalog would be complicated to program.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 10, 2018, 10:56:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GVpeter

United States

Thanks for the response. I don't know how easy it would be to code, but I'd suggest an alternative approach for you to consider.

The arrangement by category is very useful, and I'd be sorry to lose it. A "Favorites" category where doors, windows, washing machines, pianos, etc. are all mixed together probably does not help much.

But, if possible, give each category a sub-folder called "More". Let the user move the rarely-used items to the "More" folder and keep just his or her most frequently used readily accessible. Then, one could work really quickly with the small selection, but have the wider range available when needed. Also, this would permit changing out, for example, windows when moving from a design with, say, casement windows to one with double-hung windows.

I don't know if this makes sense to those more experienced than me, but I'd really like to open, say, "Doors and windows" and see just a short list of the most commonly used, but with more available in the sub-folder if I need something different.

Anyway, thanks for listening
peter
[Jul 11, 2018, 4:23:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Myersfilm

Yes,
I agree. A more customizable option would be very helpful. Being able to organize the items in subfolders would save a lot of time when searching. Or even being able to change the names of all the items.
[May 8, 2020, 10:11:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved