Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3338 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
MrGlad8

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Measure-tool - snap?

How do I snap the measure-tool to for example a corner? I dont want to relie on my shaky hand :) Tried holding down like ctrl or something but doesnt seem to work!
[Apr 29, 2018, 7:35:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Measure-tool - snap?

With the Dimension lines tool, double clicking on the side of a room, a wall or an object will create a dimension line measuring that side. Isn’t it more handy?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 29, 2018, 7:47:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MrGlad8

With the Dimension lines tool, double clicking on the side of a room, a wall or an object will create a dimension line measuring that side. Isn’t it more handy?

Absolutely! It works nice on objects for example a window, or a whole wall in a room. But if I want the measure from the corner to where the window start, it doesnt works just by double licking because then it still takes the whole wall even if its a window in the way. Or am I doing something wrong?
[Apr 29, 2018, 8:03:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

When the mous pointer is on the corner, there are some vertical and/or horizontal guide lines that should help you to click at the right point. Hope you can use them.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 29, 2018, 1:54:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cadilhac

United States

Apologies for replying to a thread from the past decade; I have the same question as OP, and the same lack of trust for my pixel-perfect clicking abilities.

I wish to measure the distance between two parallel walls:
- How can I make sure that the *first* click is precisely on the side of the wall?
- Even harder, as there are no guides in that case, how can I make sure this is also the case for the *second* click?

Thanks!
[Jan 2, 2023, 12:13:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved