Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 975 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
berti_halbhirn

germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
room points make change with keyboard and not the mouse how?

Hello all around,

I am a newbie on/with sh3d and I have still a great big problem starting with it by "only" creating my first room with its exact inner measurements.

The room is not an easy one, which means it has some not rectangular lines and quite some small niches and oriels.

First of all I wonder, wether there is a possibility, when a room point is activated by the mouse cursor, to change it in which direction of the attached lines (at least 2) the measuring should be rejusted.

I seems peculiar in handling such an activated room point, that I find no "switch" or method to "tell" the room point to measure either the line to the left OR right respectively up OR down?

A room point, I find, seems to direct (and "measure") the line that is connected with in always one and only one predefined direction?

I do not find a switch to be able to decide which line the lenght should be adjusted - the line left or right or up or down starting at a room point?

Also I do not find a method to adjust a line by keyboardcommands eg cursorcommands but only with the mouse. This I am not able to do with the mouse with the necessary accuracy - I am tottering on the brink, but get never the exact lengt in mm, which I need to have the accuracy I need for later.

Is there really no non-mouse-händisch-keyboard-way to enter length in mm of a line and also angle degree?

I am really desparated with the inaccuracy ot the mouse even in the biggest magnification of a room point and the lines stretching from it.

Is there anybody out there in the univers, who understands by terrible english?

Best Berti Halbhirn (Halfbrain)
[May 22, 2018, 10:43:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: room points make change with keyboard and not the mouse how?

While drawing the room, you could press <enter> key to switch to keyboard mode (see help for more information), and afterwards, the Advanced editing plugin proposes the Plan > Edit room point to change room points.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 23, 2018, 12:51:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved