Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2660 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
About GDPR / RGPD on sweethome3d.com

Hi,

All of you who are European must be aware about it: GDPR / RGPD rules start from today, 25th of May 2018.
I read various information about it, and I'm not completely sure about what should change on sweethome3d.com web site, if any. There's no advertising on this web site, stats about your visits stored on the server are not public and shared with other people (there are no Google analytics or comparable tools).
Your data on sweethome3d.com consist of the little information given at registration time
+ the messages you posted in the forum
+ the homes you might have created in Sweet Home 3D Online or in Exported homes manager.
This data can be retrieved or removed if needed.

The only arguable things could be the Facebook Like, Sourceforge and Donate buttons which appear under the menu and at the bottom of most pages of sweethome3d.com web site.
As the images of these buttons come from facebook.com, sourceforge.net and paypal.com, they can be used by these websites to track your visits here. Should I remove them, or replace them by static images hosted on sweethome3d.com (if possible)?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 25, 2018, 10:25:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland
Re: About GDPR / RGPD on sweethome3d.com

Today, almoust any browser allows to surf anonymous. So, if somebody has a problem with this (or such) buttons, please surf anonymous! It's your desiction and it's your duty to do so if you need to!
In my opinion, Emmanuel, you shoud let the buttons where they are.
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[May 27, 2018, 5:55:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: About GDPR / RGPD on sweethome3d.com

For your information, Apple now requires a link to a web page explaining the privacy policy around the software they publish on the Mac App Store. Therefore I created a page about Privacy policy on sweethome3d.com, that I'll reference also somewhere on the web site sooner or later.

Nothing really exciting, just an exercice that developers must accomplish today...
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 12, 2018, 10:46:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved