Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3358 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
joaovaz

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
save a home

When I trie to save a home draw, the message apears:

Cant't save home in
"C:\Users\Me\Desktop\aaa.sh3d"
RecorderException: Can't save file C:\Users\Me\Desktop\aaa.sh3d"
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Me\Desktop\aaa.sh3d" (The system can not find the file specified)

I work with a Windows 10 PC

Thanks for your help
Joao
[May 29, 2018, 8:02:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: save a home

Are you sure you have the rights to write in the folder C:\Users\Me\Desktop?
Or did you try to save your home under a different name?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 29, 2018, 11:52:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
joaovaz

The problem continue. I am the owner and administrator off the PC and have full control.
I have JavaSetup8u171 installed.
Thanks
Joao
[May 30, 2018, 1:15:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Did you try to save an empty file?
[May 30, 2018, 1:43:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
joaovaz

I opened the Sweet Home program and without doing anything tried to save it. The message was the same.

Thanks,

Joao
[May 30, 2018, 8:25:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Please try to save in another folder or a USB key.
[May 30, 2018, 8:40:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
joaovaz

When I saved it to a USB drive, it already worked. I do not understand why. Anyway I can work. I moved the file created in Sweet Home from the USB drive to the Desktop and it also worked.

Thank you for your help.
John
[May 31, 2018, 11:04:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Glommer67

United Kingdom

I'm having the same problem, but slightly different circumstances. It's been working today, but has suddenly come up with this error when trying to save. I've just rearranged things, not added anything (except a cube and dimensions). It's my own home pc that I have gobal permissions on, I've tried different folders and a USB. Can't think what else to do.

Help!

Gary
[Feb 17, 2021, 7:39:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Maybe you encountered an issue reported by some users about some security settings in Windows which forbid to save some files from an application if not allowed. Please check if it's your case.
[Feb 18, 2021, 9:01:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved