Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3786 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Leif

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
High DPI support

Hi guys,

Thank you Emmanuel for a phenomenal program!

Any chance of High DPI support?

As a programmer myself, having made High DPI apps, it looks to me like it's really really close already. The Furniture database, the Furniture list second, and the toolbar seem to be the only things that have problems due to fixed pixel sizes somewhere in the code. 3D view, 2D view and dialog boxes all seem fine.

Here's how it renders on my system with 4K monitors (3840x2160) and 200% font size (192 dpi).

Best regards,
///Leif
[Jun 4, 2018, 2:28:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: High DPI support

Please try the solution in the FAQ Texts in the furniture catalog are not displayed correctly or icons in the toolbar appear very small on my computer. How can I fix that?
As you're a developer and Java 9 is supposed to fix this issue, it would be nice if you could also try to install Java 9 on your computer and run Sweet Home 3D with it, either with Java Web Start or with the JAR Executable version (About dialog box will confirm which Java version is used). I don't have any HiDPI PC running under Windows and wonder how it works...
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 4, 2018, 3:15:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Leif

Thanks for the reply, Emmanuel!

I'm a C++ (Win32 API) developer, not Java, but I will be happy to try it :).

Best,
///Leif
[Jun 5, 2018, 7:34:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lawrie

Hello Emmanuel
It's a shame you haven't heard back from Leif.
I too have been having a lot of trouble with the same issues - win10x64, SH3D V5.7, 4K monitor, GLX950 video card, Java 8-181, all drivers fully up-to-date - have tried playing with the two ini files to no avail - this morning went back to the screen resolution and changed the scale back from 200% to recommended 150% and the catalog fonts become readable but too small for comfort.
So I surmise that the row heights for each line are not high enough to accommodate the 200% scale so any suggestions that will increase the row heights so that a higher scaling than 150% could be used would be welcome.
Also - the size of the icons is very small and even at a scaling of 200% too small.
This issue has been going on for such a long time.
I did try another way of getting around the issue - opened up a new user profile and opened the program - everything worked well on the plans - good size fonts and icons - but the 3D image was only 25% of the screen.
Unfortunately - for some reason this morning when I opened with the JNLP file everything reverted back to unreadable fonts and the same very small icons.
Love your program and have spent a huge number of hours on it.
Regards
Lawrie
[Aug 29, 2018, 1:27:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mxp

I can confirm that High DPI is well supported for Windows using OpenJDK 13 and running via the command line with
java -jar SweetHome3D-6.2.jar

The default Windows installed version of Sweet Home 3D was running with very small fonts.
[Sep 20, 2019, 11:20:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mxp

Note, in addition to High DPI support working with the JDK 13, the following warnings are displayed, which may be of interest to you.

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by javax.media.j3d.JoglPipeline (file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Sweet%20Home%203D/lib/SweetHome3D-6.2.jar) to method sun.awt.AppContext.getAppContext()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of javax.media.j3d.JoglPipeline
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

[Sep 21, 2019, 1:51:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved