Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1441 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Bolster

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Adding a subfloor to an existing single story design

Amazing design program! Thank you SH3D!

Amateur enthusiast designing our single story dream home. Realized I need to add a 24" - 36" subfloor UNDER the existing single-story design.

Can you point me toward or list the procedural steps to get this done? I tried adding levels, but it appears those levels want to go above the single story.

Appreciate the collective expertise.

Bolster
[Jun 26, 2018, 6:18:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway
Re: Adding a subfloor to an existing single story design

Add a new level and enter a negative level value corresponding to your floor thickness.
[Jun 26, 2018, 11:55:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bolster

United States

Tried adding a negative number -- nothing seems to happen. Is it Level 0? Any procedural steps would be appreciated.

Giant thanks!
[Jun 27, 2018, 12:32:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

There is a tip about levels. It is not showing your case but it might help you about level's principles.
[Jun 27, 2018, 9:45:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

s it Level 0?

The numbers are confusing. A new level should be named just "New Level" by default, thus urging the user to name it.

Create a new level, name it whatever you like, and enter a negative level value:

If this does not work, I suggest you reinstall the program.

Xiste
[Jun 27, 2018, 10:32:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Keep in mind that as long as you don't add any object to a sublevel, the 3D view won't show that that sublevel exists. So add at least an object to the underground level (a piece of furniture, a wall or a room).
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 27, 2018, 11:16:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bolster

United States

All of these suggestions are extremely helpful. Thank you for the responses.

Possibly I am expecting too much of the program or need to start over.

The current design has 12' walls built on the ground. I want to add, on top of the ground (not underground), the 24"-36" subfloor with the house then sitting on top of the subfloor. Thus, the height would be 14'-15'. This way I can correctly render the front/back porch and the step-up from the garage into the house.

I could be using the wrong terminology, so apologies if I confused the help request.

Thanks again for any insights/workarounds.
[Jun 27, 2018, 4:48:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

I want to add, on top of the ground (not underground), the 24"-36" subfloor with the house then sitting on top of the subfloor.

OK. In that case you just elevate your present levels by the height of your 24" – 36" subfloor, and make a new level at zero ( ground level). That should make room for your subfloor.

Xiste
[Jun 28, 2018, 2:20:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bolster

United States

Xiste -- Thank you for the recommendation. As a newbie to this program, I've tried with my limited knowledge to follow your recommendation with no success. Would it be better to send/post the file to 'see' what the house design is and then add the numbers in the boxes where the measurements should go?
[Jul 1, 2018, 9:08:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

Remember to check the floor thickness when you elevate a ground level.
Sh3d automatically adds floor thickness, limited to the height set in your preferences, so if you elevate a ground level with less of equal to the floor thickness in your preferences, your walls will just get an increased height and still remain standing on the ground.
If you want your walls to stand on top of your subfloor, you must set the floor thickness to a minimum. 0 cm is not possible, but 0.1 cm works.

Xiste
[Jul 2, 2018, 10:41:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved