Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 16
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6383 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
New demo?

Hello the community!
You may have noticed that, since the version 5.5, the new "New home from demo" item has appeared in the "File" menu, with 9 types of homes, from a Studio to a 4-Bedroom house.

We would like to know how useful you found these demos and whether some more should be added. We would like to add at least 3 more homes and would be pleased to read your suggestions. Don’t hesitate to post in this thread your ideas, pictures, plans… that we could use as a source of inspiration.
Thank you!
[Jun 26, 2018, 10:30:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania
Re: New demo?

While nobody replay yet I emit my opinion:
I think that 9 demo could be enough while they cover the basic.
Of course could be more if deserve the purpose: to be a start point.
It's only an opinion!
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Jul 1, 2018, 1:34:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

..the purpose: to be a start point...
That, and a tutorial to demonstrate how things can be done and what is possible.

I really like the idea of the demos, yet admit I have only looked quickly at them. But I suspect that may have to do with the fact that I work with a local building style. And possibly a dash of vanity wanting to do everything myself.

That said, I guess I would spend more time on the demos if I knew they were real, recognised "best practice" constructions. Of course, one where copyright is not a problem (either by permission or otherwise) E.g.

1) A (small) building designed by one of the great architects, recognised as having special, innovative qualities. Could be an old one, known for superiority in function or beauty.
2) A modern construction addressing special requirements on an international level - especially the new ones on energy - preferably a plan which includes explanations in the plan and/or (information#) web-links. In the EU (often in harmony with international work elsewhere), standards are emerging that will change the way houses are constructed.

Just a thought - but as Dorin says - the topic deserves attention and replies.

ok
[Jul 2, 2018, 8:21:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
smile Re: New demo?

Hello,

It's a great thing for beginners looking for some answers.

For others and I agree with previous opinions, do these models meet current standards?

I think of course (for France) the RT2012 standard and soon the RT 2020 which makes mandatory the buildings with positive energy …

wink
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jul 2, 2018, 9:08:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Many thanks for your answers and these propositions.
To answer to some remarks:
As Emmanuel mentions it in the blog article about the version 5.5 , these 9 plans were reviewed by an architect, Loïc Le Rumeur, from the AASR architectural firm in Paris. I follow his recommandations about walls thickness, minimum rooms sizes, location of the maximum loadbearing walls and two or three suggestions about some staircases disposition.
But I am afraid that these demos haven't any innovative or artistic qualities or don't respect ecological standard or "good practices”, even if I am sensitive to all of these subjects (and will prepare, soon or later, some interviews around these subjects).
For architectural purposes, I relay here the slightly more accurate blog interview of Archionline in which you can also study (and download 2 of them) 12 plans designed, this time, by architects.

I'm aware also that the existing demos reflect a geolocated way of living and any ideas of more international or, on the contrary, local style (a hut, a ryad, a farm, a chalet ?…) are still welcomed.
[Jul 3, 2018, 9:15:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

There is plenty of compliance with the reality that has already been issued by many of us in the whislist section.

I will take again one of the most important (for me in the representation of 2D plans) is that of the composition of the walls...

Sorry, picture in french only.

smile
---
[Jul 4, 2018, 6:10:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Thank you, bdfd! How many centimeters at the end?
[Jul 5, 2018, 9:17:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Thank you, bdfd! How many centimeters at the end?
Hi Vero,

nothing "easier" ! wink

It suffices to use the principle of groups to consitute different sections of a wall.
And to attribute to this group the same properties of a classic wall ...

I created walls of this type but the final object remained an object and not a wall... so put doors and windows ... impossible ! biggrin
---
[Jul 5, 2018, 10:38:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Hi VeroniQ,

I am mainly looking for projects with good indoor natural light.
The French Thermal Regulation 2012 advises a minimum of about 17% (ratio of the surface of the external openings to the area of the rooms).

It would be interesting to render in indirect light (globalIllumination=path) a riad as it has an open courtyard.

Enko
EnkoNyito
[Jul 5, 2018, 2:10:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi,

Each country and even each region has its own urban planning rules. biggrin

That's why an igloo will always be different from a riad.

It is the climate that defines the shape of the building… wink

Several examples of this type would be appreciated …

smile
---
[Jul 6, 2018, 7:22:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved