Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 197
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 473761 times and has 196 replies Next Thread
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0

When run in 64 bit, the working limit must be the RAM size available on your computer when Sweet Home 3D runs.

Not important, but there MIGHT be a bug here:

Cec
[Sep 25, 2018, 1:43:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
digitaltrails

New Zealand

Works fine in OpenSUSE (Linux) Leap 15 if the SweetHome3D-6.0.beta11/SweetHome3D script is modified to useOffScreen3DView:
-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.useOffScreen3DView=true

Tried the Outward opening window and the Mannequin - awesome!

If I don't set useOffScreen3DView it dies during startup with:

com.jogamp.opengl.GLException: J3D-Renderer-1: Error making temp context(1) current: display 0x33d6ba0, context 0x3db1f88, drawable X11OnscreenGLXDrawable[Realized true,
Factory jogamp.opengl.x11.glx.X11GLXDrawableFactory@964c9ab,
Handle 0x56000a1,
Surface JAWTWindow[0x24dca16d][JVM version: 1.8.0_181 (1.8.0 update 181)
JAWT version: 0x10004...

[Sep 26, 2018, 10:30:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
confused Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0

Hi,

Yesterday, I saw an anomaly with 6.0 beta12.

Case 1
When I used a new furniture 6.0 like a window, all was OK.
The update of a height don't change anything.

Case 2
The same used window but I used 'modify openings'.
The option 'keep proportions' is checked and became unavailable !

Why ?

----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Sep 27, 2018, 9:35:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your feedback smile

Ceciliabr, I already noticed the difference between the requested amount of max memory and the actual value reported in the About dialog box.
It's not a bug, but Java probably rather uses the difference for internal management (see this technical article if you want to learn why).

digitaltrails, fortunately you had the idea to test com.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.useOffScreen3DView.
It's probably another solution that I should better document, just because I keep in mind to test it from time to time to check if it still works.

bdfd, the behavior you noticed is normal. As said in a previous post:
As soon as an object is deformed, its size can be changed only proportionally, otherwise this could lead to strange shapes.
If ever you need a wider or deeper or higher object, first reset its shape, change the dimensions you want, and deform again its shape.

Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 27, 2018, 2:39:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

Thanks to UbuntuBirdy I'm finally able to test beta 11 under Ubuntu.

There's a few things I want to share.
1 - CSV export
This feature works fine, but isn't perfect. When I tested an earlier version under Windows, I noted that values were exported as text, not as numbers. This hasn't changed in the beta 11.
In an earlier message you wrote that the exported CSV is correctly interpreted by Excel and LibreOffice. Can you explain how you do that? Here's a spreadsheet that shows what happens when I import CSV in LibreOffice, and what you need to do to be able to use the exported data. Am I doing it the wrong way?
a - The green colums show what is exported from SH3D. In row 17 you can see that the totals are 0, meaning that you can't use the exported values, because they are text.
b - The pink columns show how we need to change the imported text: a column with the currency, than columns with numerical values. If you look at the formula, it's easy enough to extract the wanted numerical value from the text, but I think it's beyond the spreadsheet knowledge of most people.
c - The yellow columns show what we really need: values. Currently we need TWO conversions: first step (pink) is separate text and values, second step (yellow) is Paste-Special to obtain pure values (without underlying formula).

It also means that in the current situation we MUST keep the original until we have performed the second step, because when we delete the original info after the first step, all values will revert to zero.

2 - Multi-line text
The possibility to have multi-line text is very welcome. I notice that changing the text orientation from left to center or right, the box around it moves. Ideally the box stays in the same spot, and only the text moves within the box.
Also, it would be nice if the text interface window had the option "Part of base plan".

I will do more testing in the coming days.

Thank you once again for all the splendid work!!

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 27, 2018, 4:36:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

1 - CSV export ... Am I doing it the wrong way?

Hi Hans, .csv export import is unfortunately always tricky. I tried LibreOffice and Gnumeric too, both under Win, the file with both .tsv and .csv extensions. And I tried my preferred way, just to copy-paste the list from SH3D to a spreadsheet.

LibreOffice will import .csv and .tsv (in my case I need to set the import to US English to get , and . interchanged to my standard, locale). LO will not recognise my local non-euro currency, so all currency fields are read as text. Copy-Paste from SH3D to LO gave the same result, but is a lot faster for me.

Gnumeric will not separate .csv columns automatically, but will interpret the file correctly if it has a .tsv extension. In this case I do not have to worry about , and . as my Gnumeric installation ignores my locale and sticks with US standard anyway. Copy and paste also works nicely, but again the currency fields are read as texts.

However, I am not surprised at this behaviour. As pointed out, the .csv format has limitations (but is also very tidy).

And I think SH3D .csv behaves pretty much like all other .csv exports (I frequently import huge .csv files with e.g. meteorological data, outboard engine data / gps-logs). But .csv exports are always a bit of a bother. There is usually some silly string (knots, °C etc.) in the .csv rows that will mess with the import. My remedy for this is usually to go via a text-editor and do a search-replace to fix the characters spreadsheets cannot deal with, and then paste into the sheet. Three-character currency denominations are a special pain as they might appear part of furniture names as well, which means some special attention to the search-replace.

Now, I agree that SH3D .csvs are not perfect, but .csvs hardly ever are. And I am not sure it is possible to solve all different issues that may arise with .csv (or actually tab separated files). So instead of changing the .csv format at the risk of creating new problems, it might be better to stick with the simple.

Except, there may be a fix for the currency: Either to separate currency to a separate column (i.e. an extra tab between currency and number, but that would not match the format in the furniture list). Or have user defined currency/currencies, so I could remove the currency symbol altogether, and/or use the generic ¤.

As I am used to the workaround, the issue does not really bother me, but I took the liberty of putting remove currency symbol / user defined currency in feature requests 890 as that might be of some help.

ok
[Sep 28, 2018, 8:33:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Here comes the version 6.0 Beta 13 which fixes how closed polylines are displayed in 3D view (they were wrongly filled).
I distribute this small change mainly to let you compare renderings in the 3D view of Sweet Home 3D with the ones of the first update of Sweet Home 3D JS Viewer available here.
The Beta version of the Viewer comes with a copy of a the special demo file NewFeaturesV6.sh3d which shows the new features of Sweet Home 3D 6.0 in the 3D view, as seen below.

You may also test this demo file on sweethome3d.com server here. I tested it with Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Safari under Windows and macOS, but please report if you find some issues on your own files.
Note that if you want to test your HTML files with the new JavaScript files, you'll have to add the line:
<script type="text/javascript" src="lib/stroke.min.js"></script>

Hans, I'll see if I can adjust the location of the text in the plan when alignment is changed. The problem is that the text can change also at the same time, and the user should have an expectable result.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 28, 2018, 1:57:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Quite a set of features! Much looking forward to the final release. For the fun of it, I opened the viewer quickly in the browsers at hand:
Windows 32:
- SeaMonkey 2.49.4
- IE 11.0.9600.19130 - update 11.0.85
- Opera 55.0.2994.61
- Firefox 62.0.2 (32-bit)
Android:
- Opera 34.0.2044.98679
- Chrome 69.0.3497.100
Seemed to work perfectly everywhere but Chrome for Android, but that is an old installation. File opens, seemed to zoom, but could not move/rotate.

ok
[Sep 28, 2018, 2:20:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I can't use the *.jnlp of course, but I played with the test file you provided.

The reason why I wanted the text to have a fixed place, was the fact that I read in the forum that many people use SH3D to obtain a building permit. In such cases it would be interesting to have a fixed text block at the right or in the bottom right, where all the drawing info goes.

Of course, if I add or delete text the text block changes in size. Preferably, for latin script, the text block should be fixed at top-left, for arabic script at top-right.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 28, 2018, 3:25:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
smile Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0

You may also test this demo file on sweethome3d.com server here.
Hi,

viewer tested with success with Edge 42.17134.1.0 and Firefox 62.0.2

Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Sep 28, 2018, 4:13:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved