Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 197
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 473774 times and has 196 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0

I just copied the new files in the beta-11 directory, thinking that was all I needed to do. I forgot that I needed the Xmx-thing to change memory usage.

Rest assured, I didn't hit myself overly hard. :-)
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 5, 2018, 12:01:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

I have been doing some extensive testing of v6 β14 using OSX Mojave, and have found a couple of things I would like to mention:

1) β14 does not read textures correct for files created with older versions:

2) When importing furniture, the status of the Continue-button changes before the model has loaded.

3) When cancelling a rendering by mistake, the rendering just stops without offering a chance to reconsider your choice. It's very easy to cancel a render process unintentionally and loose hours of rendering, so this is important!

Part from this: All thumbs up!

Cec
[Oct 5, 2018, 3:34:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

3) Rendering stopping without asking can happen also under other OS's, especially in the beginning of the rendering process.
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Oct 5, 2018, 3:51:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Cecilia, thanks for your report.

1) Could you send me a demo file with textures that don't behave as in version 5.7?

2) I don't think it's very serious, moreover in the 3rd step of the furniture import wizard.

3) The stop button starts to warn you once the rendering has already lasted 30s.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 5, 2018, 7:03:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Could you send me a demo file with textures that don't behave as in version 5.7?

I have unfortunately already re-textured all the walls and saved the project with v6.

2) I don't think it's very serious, moreover in the 3rd step of the furniture import wizard.
This IS serious:

This happens if you press Continue too early.

3) The stop button starts to warn you once the rendering has already lasted 30s.

I noticed. But the warning pop-up is hidden behind the render window.

Cec
[Oct 5, 2018, 8:30:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
smile Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0

Hi,

At this day, none problem with v6 beta14 ! applause

1. Furniture import wizard : OK

2. Renderings
with standard Q4 : OK.

with PVR 1.5 Q4 : OK (0 to 100%).
=> estimated time given at 1% : 08h23mn. sad
=> estimated time given at 2% : 07h01mn. biggrin
=> estimated time given at 3% : 08h13mn ??? confused

smile
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Oct 6, 2018, 6:29:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

That's what I noticed, so no problem for me.

But... I did notice some strange behavior. When I make a quick render using Q1, I get a different picture from what I expect. (See screenshot). However, when I make the same render in Q3 everything is normal.

Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Oct 6, 2018, 10:30:50 AM]
[Oct 6, 2018, 10:04:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@ Puybaret

Can you check copy/paste from other projects?

I'm unable to copy /paste anything from this project with beta 14.

In v5.7 it works fine.

Cec
[Oct 7, 2018, 12:13:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Cec, I couldn't reproduce the 3D error during furniture wizard. I already saw it happen rarely, but I could force the error myself during the past days. I even tried to press <enter> to continue very quickly between each step, but even this behavior didn't cause problems. Does it happen each time in your case?

I also successfully tested the copy/paste between projects. I suspect you tried to copy something from Sweet Home 3D 5.7 then paste it in a new project running with Sweet Home 3D 6.0 Beta, in which case it can't work. Copy/Paste works only within the same Sweet Home 3D program.

Hans, I couldn't reproduce your issue too. There must be an additional parameter...
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 7, 2018, 5:43:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Does it happen each time in your case?
More or less each time. I can reproduce this error every time I'm importing bigger models. Not so often with smaller.
It would be nice if continue didn't work until it was safe to use.

Copy/Paste works only within the same Sweet Home 3D program.

Of course. I even saved the linked project with v6 and re-opened it. After copying a spotlight, the only option I get is to Paste StylePaste is greyed out on the menu.

Cec
[Oct 8, 2018, 11:01:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved