Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 197
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 473545 times and has 196 replies Next Thread
alaX

Poland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0

I still don't know if "modify deformation" gets added during the process of making the object (...)

SH3D detects prefixes and displays "Modify deformation".
[Oct 30, 2018, 6:55:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ndorigatti

Italia

Dear Pubayet,
I think i've found a use case that is not managed by rotation implementation.
I have a door with the "rotating" part composed of a small frame and a mirror.
Before sh 6.0 my model had the mirror obj item named as:
sweethome3d_window_mirror
for making it reflect.
Now since i want the mirror to rotate around the hinge, i tryed to rename the item but with no success..
I've seen there is sweethome3d_windows_pane_on_hinge but this makes the part transparent and not a mirror! Any hint?
[Nov 1, 2018, 10:02:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ndorigatti

Italia

What i mean is that according to your explanation at first page:

- The parts of an opening able to turn around the hinge numbered x should be prefixed by sweethome3d_opening_on_hinge_ followed by the same number x. For example, sweethome3d_opening_on_hinge_1_door and sweethome3d_opening_on_hinge_1_handle will rotate around the axis defined by sweethome3d_hinge_1, or defined by sweethome3d_hinge_1_top and sweethome3d_hinge_1_bottom. If you want to define transparent panes directly without a transparent material, you can also use the prefix sweethome3d_window_pane_on_hinge_ followed by the hinge number. The axis direction of the hinge x is guessed from the largest dimension of the global bounding box of the hinge parts. Thus, if the largest dimension of a hinge is its height, the axis will be vertical, if its largest dimension is its depth the axis will be horizontal in Y direction and if its largest dimension is its width the axis will be also horizontal but in X direction. Axes can only be parallel to X, Y or Z axes at the moment, but this looks largely enough. The axis may be defined with some dummy parts that are not visible (like in the kitchen cabinet).

There is one name missing here, I'd add sweethome3d_window_mirror_on_hinge_
and similarly for rails. This would allow to have openable mirror door (I have one at home!) and also turnable mirrors like:

[Nov 2, 2018, 10:49:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

sweethome3d_window_mirror_on_hinge_ or sweethome3d_mirror_on_hinge_ prefixes don't exist, so you can't make a mirror turn yet.
I'll see if it's possible in a coming version.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 2, 2018, 1:36:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ndorigatti

Italia

sweethome3d_window_mirror_on_hinge_ or sweethome3d_mirror_on_hinge_ prefixes don't exist, so you can't make a mirror turn yet.
I'll see if it's possible in a coming version.

ok thanks for the confirmation! in the meantime i've prepared my door with the first prefix you wrote, so if ever will be possible, i'll be already there!
I just have to remember to not rotate the door! :D

thanks!
[Nov 2, 2018, 6:15:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

For your information, I released the portable version 6.0 today.
[Nov 3, 2018, 3:37:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Probably just me but thought i would post anyway, i got the latest version from amazon earlier but i couldn't get the shape generator plugin or 1.6 of the photo rendering to work, so now i have the free ver. 6 again.

Mike
[Nov 4, 2018, 5:16:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The latest version available at Amazon is still the version 5.7. Hope they will fix their internal reorganization soon so I can release a 6.0 update there too.
[Nov 4, 2018, 5:36:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

OK thx Emmanuel
[Nov 4, 2018, 6:15:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jerintho

Hongarije

After upgrading to 6.0, I am unable to save my drawing?
[Nov 4, 2018, 7:49:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved