Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 12
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5748 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Poolside cabana, Japanese style door, etc

Here are some of my contribution which I created with Blender. Feel free to use.

Cabana
https://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/d-models/480/

Japanese-style door
https://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/d-models/482/

Foot rest
https://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/d-models/481/

I welcome criticisms and feedbacks.
[Jul 7, 2018, 5:57:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore
Re: Poolside cabana, Japanese style door, etc

Wall curved OLED TV
https://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/d-models/483/

[Jul 7, 2018, 3:20:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

After dowloading and installing this object, I saw a problem rear the tv.

This part is transparant ! biggrin

Update it… wink
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jul 7, 2018, 4:38:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Very nice models (and renderings), thanks for sharing! As for comments, as you ask for, there are lots of threads in the forum that discuss approaches to model making. Some like very detailed models for high resolution, artistic images, others will settle for simpler models that will be light-weight and faster to work with. Trick is to optimize models with what is an acceptable loss of quality for you.

Love your cabana, which is also an interesting example example of a model that could be optimised for SH3D, bringing the model down in size without loosing quality - the curtains especially. First, Blender has useful tools e.g. for reducing the number of vertices (Limited dissolve). In combination with Puybaret's tip in SF 261 on simplifying the .obj file, you can bring the model significantly down in size - and, in your case - also smooth the curtains (if you wish). Some testing with simplification (and glass/light) in thread 8292.

I took the liberty of messing with your model and managed to reduce the size to less than half (only obj simplification, not Blender). And I changed the material names a bit while opening .obj/.mtl anyway. But that is just a personal preference. Used mirror effect on the pool to see better when rendering (sweethome3d_window_mirror explained by Puybaret in SF 3D models 303 ). A couple of very simple trees to test difference in speed. Just a quick and sloppy illustration to show what I mean. Your rendering is of course a lot nicer.

Please keep posting nice renderings and models...!

ok
cabana2.obj (model) - cabana_tst.sh3d (sh3d file with comments)

[Jul 8, 2018, 12:03:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

@okh, thank you very much for the very good pointers you gave. I'll certainly take time to read and study them.

Thank you also for liking my cabana.

Here I tried to put in two deck chairs and a table inside.
[Jul 8, 2018, 12:57:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

What can you say about this one from one of my projects ?

cool
---
[Jul 8, 2018, 3:05:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Hard to tell when you did not post the models / plan. But it looks like a nice garden. ok
[Jul 8, 2018, 7:07:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

Update it… wink

Fixed: https://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/d-models/483/#4fae

Thank you.
blushing
[Jul 9, 2018, 12:41:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

What can you say about this one from one of my projects ?
cool

Nice. In the library of other 3D design software I used, it has a pool side cabana model with built-in beds like the one found in your picture. This type of cabanas is one of my to-do things for SH3D but right now my knowledge of Blender is still very limited.
[Jul 9, 2018, 1:08:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Update it… wink

Fixed: https://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/d-models/483/#4fae

Thank you.
blushing
It's OK !

applause
---
[Jul 9, 2018, 9:53:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved