Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1725 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
sifugreg

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Any colored furniture I create shows as unsupported

I'm really wanting to create simple color furniture. Currently, I use Alibre to create and STL file for the base image, I then import the STL into MeshMixer and save it as an OBJ then import it into SH3D and it works just fine. If, however, I color the image in MeshMixer, when I try to import it I get "The format of the chosen model isn't supported". I get this from 3DS files as well. All I'm trying to do is make a desktop a different color from the frame or the top of a tote bin a different color from the base. How do I accomplish this?
[Jul 10, 2018, 4:54:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Any colored furniture I create shows as unsupported

Could you check if importing these files works in Blender?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 10, 2018, 10:58:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
Re: Any colored furniture I create shows as unsupported

I have had this too, and my experience is that SH3D will display this message if there's any syntax errors in the .mtl file. If your model shows up as preview, correcting the colour-settings in the .mtl will solve this and make your models importable.

cec
[Jul 11, 2018, 9:49:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved