Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 925 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
herojig

Nepal
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Looking for tips on building a model out of these floor drawings...

Hi all, first time caller here looking for tips on building a model out of these floor drawings:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5r1aviolggemymt/0%20floor.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/luhfouh9aw36ti4/1%20floor.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdnb5k1lnv7wtnr/2%20floor.png?dl=0

Don't have dimensions for the inner hallways, etc and the outer walls, just the rooms themselves. Thx!!!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jul 15, 2018, 7:06:10 PM]
[Jul 15, 2018, 4:00:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Looking for tips on building a model out of these floor drawings...

The maid's room is smaller than your toilets...
Maybe you should think again!
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jul 15, 2018, 9:10:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
herojig

Nepal

Ha, well that's Nepal for ya. But I did not design this plan, I just want to build the model. However, I did figure out how to do the base floor, but not sure how to replicate floors 1 and 2, as I don't see an option to import a background per layer. There must be a trick to this :)
[Jul 16, 2018, 2:43:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

If you have the ground floor plan imported, you have the most important one. Simply copy all walls to the second level, and they will fit perfectly on the walls underneath. Adapt the walls according to necessity, load-bearing walls will always be continuous.

Moreover, the quality of the images of your floor plans is so bad, that all lines become fuzzy when enlarged to scale, so you won't be capable of accurately scaling them.
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jul 16, 2018, 7:42:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
herojig

Nepal

Thx hansmex, I did as you suggested and all is well. Upon import, there was some sort of scale calibrator that I used on a 4' wall, and now all the measurements seem pretty close. Cheers, jigs
[Jul 16, 2018, 8:43:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved