Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 101
Posts: 101   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 196012 times and has 100 replies Next Thread
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: who would like to live in a houseboat?

After 2 month working far away from home I'm back in my comfort zone and I'm back with the next houseboat: MICROAT.
As you can assume this name is a fusion between "micro" and "boat" - MICROAT.
Like the nanoat, this boat is designet to act as a trailer but in this case for bigger boats. But as all of my boats MICROAT can also be a standalone houseboat with it's own energy production (solar and wind), with a comfortable bathroom, a kitchen- living-room- bedroom-combo and plenty of storage.

The engine is a small but powerfull torqeedo outboarder, which can easily be removed or installed because of it's low weight.

MICROAT offers enough space for two persons for navigating small canals and calm waters.
I would build this boat as a GFK-boat, but if you prefere, I'm sure it could also be a nice steel-boat.

Guys, I'm already gone, my telemark skis are calling for me ... I wish you all a happy new year and only the best for 2019!

Pascal
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Dec 28, 2018, 6:43:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Hi Pascal, Nice to see you again on the forum. I like this funny ecological Microat (which looks a little bit like an iron!). Hope it will release in 2019. Happy new year to you.
[Dec 29, 2018, 2:50:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Ok guys, it's time for a little story. Not a phantastic one like the stories from Cecilia, but a real one from me...

It is the story how I came to SH3D and the story of my big dream, the story of the LUXEMOTOR!

It all started in 2009 when I made boat holydays for the first time in Ireland with good friends. They introduced me in driving a big boat on a stream with a strong current (until then I had only driven some small boats on the beautyfull lake of Thoune).

From then on we hired a boat every two years and a plan started growing in my mind: Somewhen I want to live on a houseboat!
I started researching and after hundreds of hours I started designing my perfect houseboat: the LUXEMOTOR.
It has to be a boat with a length of 25m and 5m wide, because this way it is big enough to live on board but is still small enough to fit in most of the locks on the European waterways. And this is the maximum lenght for driving the boat without a professional license.
So, the size is set and I could start to design my living area. I tried it on Excel, but this would not end up in a useable plan. And designing it on CAD is way to much effort...

So I had to look for a software which can help me designing my boat interrior... and that's the point where nobody can ignore SH3D.

And I started desinging my dreamboat, and I started learning how to use SH3D:

I redesigned every room and the hole boat several times

and I am still redesigning...

Somewhen the wish for a realistic hull came up and I begun to test some hulls from the net

But no one of them was good enough for my boat... So, what to do? I decided to improve my 3D CAD skills and designed my own one

Yes, looks good, but as you can see at the back end, there is a lot of redesigning work to do... again...
Fortunately there are other rooms and sections on the boat to enjoy during the work on the backend
Let's start at the bilge

The big blue box is the freshwater tank, the 2 smaller blue boxes below the yellow boxes are the slow sand filters. The grey box at the back is the greywater tank and the grey box with the chimneys is the wastewater treatment plant. The red boxes are ballast tanks. the violet box is for the warm water, next to it you can see the heat pump and the electrical cabinet.
The green boxes are the batteries and the dark grey boxes behind are the electric motors.

This is the master bedroom ...and I just realized, I have no renderings of the master bathroom...

Anyway, let's stop here, otherwise the post will be too long. I will show you all the other rooms and decks in a next post, or maybe two...
Pascal

[Jan 24, 2019, 3:32:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Thanks, Ubuntubirdy! Keep on telling your story and it's also interesting to watch the insides of your boat.
[Jan 24, 2019, 9:50:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Well, I got stuck in the main bathroom. I have now freshly rendered pictures of it. But first another angle of the master bedroom or the owners suite

and here is the bathroom

We now come to the living room with open kitchen, bar, dining area, fireplace and spacious living room

Through the wheelhouse, which I will show you later, we continue to the laundry room and garage with integrated workshop

The garage is unfortunately too narrow to create any meaningful images ...
That's why it goes straight to the guest suite. Of course with private bathroom and with foldable extra bunks

The guest bathroom is being rebuilt (again) so I can show no current pictures of it. But I can offer a top view of the guest suite

Here you can also see how tight the garage / workshop is...

So, and before we get to the next higher deck, I finish this post here.
But don't worry, I still have some decks and a lot of pictures for you...
Pascal

[Jan 28, 2019, 3:14:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi ubuntu,

Good model for holidays. wink

But where is the engine room ?
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jan 28, 2019, 5:34:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

He explained in his previous message that this boat is powered by electric motors. I guess it shouldn't be too difficult to charge this kind of boat in harbours during the night, right?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 28, 2019, 6:11:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Of corse it is a possibility to recharge the batteries at the marinas, but the main idea of this boat is to reach a 100% autarkie.

Look at the dark grey floor of the Flybridge, the dark grey roof of the wheelhouse, the dark grey roof above the living room and the dark grey floor of the pool area. They are planed to be solar panels. And as you can see there are also 4 wind turbines. All thogether I can gather a minimum of 80kw/h a day, during the summer in south France you can double this amount.
This is much moore than needed for normal using but you need some extra power for extreme usings or, for selling at the marinas.

Unfortunately I have not found a good looking texture for the pv system until yet, that's why there is only the dark grey colour.

@bdfd - Here you have another picture of the engine room. it is located below the guest suite

Pascal

[Jan 28, 2019, 6:42:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

@bdfd - Here you have another picture of the engine room. it is located below the guest suite
YES, good explanation ! wink
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jan 28, 2019, 7:28:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

YES, good explanation ! wink

You're a joker, man! laughing laughing laughing
My posts often assume that you also read the previous ones...
Pascal

[Jan 29, 2019, 5:07:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 101   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved